Cider Pub Guide to North London
|London Cider Pub Guide index|
23 pubs listed in East London so far...
- The Sir Richard Steele, 97 Haverstock Hill, Belsize Park, Camden, London, NW3 4RL. Tel: (020) 7483 1261.
- The Betjeman Arms, Unit 53, St. Pancras International Station, Pancras Road, Camden, London, NW1 2QP. Tel: (020) 7837 0522.
- The Dartmouth Arms, 35 York Rise, Kentish Town, Camden, London, NW5 1SP. Tel: (020) 7485 3267.
Has recently taken delivery of some cider, see individual entry for details and photo. Reported Nov 2010 No real cider or bottled real cider, apparantly this has happened since being taken over.
- The Southampton Arms Ale and Cider House, 139 Highgate Road, Kentish Town, Camden, London, NW5 1LE. Tel: (020) 7485 1511.
A real gem! Cider and ale house with independent and local ales and ciders. Up to 8 ciders on draught at any one time including Fosseway Cider's Somerset Glory, with four cider handpumps and three taps. Simple but excellent food menu with hot meat in baps and rolls and home made pork pies and scotch eggs. The best cider pub in London, well worth a visit. March 2010. CAMRA Greater London Cider pub of the year 2010.
- The Lansdowne, 90 Gloucester Avenue, Primrose Hill, Camden, London, NW1 8HX. Tel: (020) 7483 0409.
Nearest Tube: Chalk Farm, Cuisine: Gastro, Cider: Burrow Hill (strange fizzy version, quite unlike that sold around somerset & Dorset pubs).
- The Lord Palmerston, 33 Dartmouth Park Hill, Tufnell Park, Camden, London, NW5 1HU. Tel: (020) 7485 1578.
- The Duke of Hamilton, 23 - 25 New End, Hampstead, Camden, London, NW3 1JD. Tel: (020) 7794 0258.
- The Doric Arch, 1 Eversholt Street, Euston, Camden, London, NW1 1DN. Tel: (020) 7388 2221.
photo Formerly The Head of Steam, an atmospheric though tatty railway-themed pub, much of the railway memorabilia is now gone, the decor cleaned and tidied and it is starting to turn into a regular Fullers pub. For now, The Old Rosie is still available from a polypin in the fridge. Situation is by the bus stops at Euston mainline railway station. The pub normally has Weston's Vintage cider on tap (not the Organic Vintage served at many wetherspoons), usually has 'Old Rosie' or perry in the fridge, and occasionally ran mini cider festivals where a number of casks are served one at a time over a period of a couple of weeks. The pub has changed hands on 15/09/05 with more Fullers beers on tap but no noticable difference in cider availablity so far.
- The Bree Louise, 69, Cobourg Street, Euston, Camden, London, NW1 2HH. Tel: (020) 7681 4930.
Review 1: Claims a large selection of cider but nearly all are just the usual bottled industrial suspects. When we asked for any "real" cider we were offered Addlestones. Eventually a bag in box of Old Rosie was fetched from round the back somewhere. So they seem to have a commitment to provide a good choice of ciders to accompany the wide range of ales but haven't got it right yet.
Review 2: Oct 09 Had bigger selection of ciders available during their festival.
Review 3: Nov 09 Their website states they have 8 Ciders and Perries, although mainly Westons. Worthwhile seking out as only a minute or so walk from Euston Station.
Nov '11 - Now keep a regular stock of cider and perries on purpose built stand on bar. Counted nine different ones including Fosseway Cider's Somerset Glory last time there!
- The Dublin Castle, 94 Parkway, Camden Town, Camden, London, NW1 7AN. Tel: (020) 7485 1773.
- Black Heart, 3 Greenland Place, NW1 0AP. Tel 020 7428 9730 www.ourblackheart.com
Weston's First Quality. New outlet added Oct 2011
- Prince Albert, 163 Royal College Street, NW1 0SG. Tel 020 7485 0270
one or two ciders are served on gravity from poly-casks on the bar - in March 2011 these were Pig Swill and Sunset. New outlet added Oct 2011
- The Euston Cider Tap, 190 Euston Road, NW1 2EF. Tel: (020) 3137 8837
The identical building opposite The Euston Tap at the entrance to Euston Station is now The Euston Cider Tap - a dedicated cider bar (London's first?!) on the Euston Road serving many draught and bottled ciders (including Fosseway Cider's Somerset Glory)
- Oakdale Arms, 283 Hermitage Road, Harringay, N4 1NP. Tel: (020) 8800 2013.
Cassels of Great Shelford often on tap, and feature other real ciders occasionally. To date have had Newton Court, Biddendens, Old Rosie, Brooklyn Farm and Hartlands as guest ciders, among many others (listed on their website). Beer festivals feature increased range of cider and perry. Now Closed and being demolished Summer 2011
- The Toll Gate, 26 - 30 Turnpike Lane, Hornsey, Harringay, London, N8 0PS. Tel: (020) 8889 9085.
- The Ranelagh, 82 Bounds Green Road, New Southgate, London, N11 2EU. Tel: (020) 8361 4238.
Offers Weston's Vintage on tap (£3/pint as of April 2007). Should this be under Haringay? New Southgate is in the south-east corner of the London Borough of Barnet and the south-west corner is in the London Borough of Enfield.
- Kings Head, 2 Crouch End Hill, Haringey, London, N8 8AA. Tel: (020) 8340 1028.
On the Broadway, Weston's organic on handpump.
- The Wenlock Arms, 26 Wenlock Road, Islington, London, N1 7TA. Tel: (020) 7608 3406.
photo Winner of several Real Ale pub awards, and cask-marque awarded, the Wenlock also stocks Biddenden cider. Others, such as Fosseway Cider's Somerset Glory and Thatchers Cheddar Valley, may replace this at times.
- Palatine, 97 Stoke Newington Road, Islington, London, N16 8BX. Tel: 07887776788, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun - Thu 17.00 - 23.30, Fri/Sat 12.00 - 02.00. Merry Moon Lunatickle Dry Cider, plus Two cask beers from either Brodies, Ha'penny or Redemption.
- The Charles Lamb, 16 Elia Street, Islington, London, N1 8DE. Tel: (020) 7837 5040.
photo Lovely little pub with gastro food and french connections. Breton cider in 1 Litre (£6) and 330ml bottles, also Olivers ThreeFour sparkling Perry and Oliver's Fine Dry Perry. Thatchers Heritage from the cask on 10.9.07. Now only draught cider in winter months Oct 2011
- The Duke of Cambridge - Organic, 30 St. Peters Street, Islington, London, N1. Tel: (020) 7359 3066.
- The Island Queen, 87 Noel Road, Islington, London, N1 8HD. Tel: (020) 7354 8741.
- The Narrowboat Inn, City Road, 119 St. Peter's Street, Islington, London, N1 8PZ. Tel: (020) 7288 0572.
- The Compass 58 Penton Street, Islington, London, N1 9PZ. Tel: (020) 7837 3891. Email: email@example.com
For more easterly pubs in the borough of Hackney see Cider Pub Guide to East London
|London Cider Pub Guide index|
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|