Past Events 2007
The whole of November is FAQ Month - for updating and enlarging the Cider makers FAQ
November, Adelaide Hills, South Australia
- The 'Great Welsh Beer & Cider' Festival
Provisional dates 22nd - 24th November 2007 City Hall, Cardiff, CF10 3ND. (NOT 29th Nov - 2nd Dec as previously posted).
Official GWB&C Festival website here ... The 'Great Welsh' website
- Rochford beer and cider festival, 20th-24th November, Rochford Essex
The Freight House, next to Rochford Railway Station, Essex SS4 1BU
Buffoons Magotty Cox Essex 6.5% Buffoons Ribcracker Essex 8.4% Butford Brown’s Apple/Dabinett Herefordshire 6.5% C.J.’S No. 2 Monmouthshire 8.0.% C.J.’S No. 4 Monmouthshire 8.0% Dan-Y-Graig Monmouthshire 5.9% Gwatkin Stoke Red Herefordshire 7.5% Hecks Somerset 6.5% McConnell Ty Gwyn Monmouthshire 6.2% Malvern Magic Knotted Kernel Herefordshire 5.0% Rathays Brown’s Apple Herefordshire 7.3% Rich’s Legbender Somerset 6.0% Ridgewell Farm Katy Essex 7.2% Rosie’s Triple DDD Denbighshire 6.6% Rosie’s Wicked Wasp Denbighshire 8.1% Ross-on-Wye Brown Snout/Sweet Coppin Herefordshire 6.6% Seidr O Sir Betws Radnorshire 6.8% Seidr O Sir Llanfair Radnorshire 6.9% Seidr O Sir Maes Ebwy Radnorshire 6.9% Seidr O Sir Westbury Radnorshire T.B.C. Severnsider Morgan Sweet/Dabinett Gloucestershire 7.0% Troggi Bowmore 2000 Whisky Flavour Monmouthshire 9.5% Watkins Whisky Flavour Monmouthshire 8.4% Westcroft Janets Jungle Juice Somerset 6.5% Wilkins Somerset 6.0%
Hartland Gloucestershire 6.5% Olivers Oak Aged Herefordshire 7.0% Ross-On-Wye Herefordshire T.B.C. Severnsider Gloucestershire 6.4% Willingsworth Wobble Juice Herefordshire 6.5%
over 180 Real Ales; plus Foreign Beer and Specialised English Bottled Beer Bar. OPEN ALL DAY FRI and SAT (11.30am - 11pm), Tue 5.30pm - 11pm; Wed + Thu 11.30am - 3pm and 5.30 - 11pm. 65 beers from Wales, 65 beers from East Anglia plus 'Best of the Rest'. Food available all sessions. Live band The Magnets Sat evening in main bar; separate quiet bar. Contact: 01702 548505 email@example.com Directions: next to Rochford Railway Stn Admission: Free
The whole of November is FAQ Month - for updating and enlarging the Cider makers FAQ
- ukcider London Meet-up
From mid-afternoon on Saturday 17th November
Pembury Tavern Beer and Cider Festival (Festival 14th - 18th Nov)
90 Amhurst Road, Hackney, London, E8 1JH
It's by Hackney Downs & Hackney Central stations, or via tube to Highbury & Islington then bus to Hackney.
NOTE that Apple Day events take place more or less throughout the month of October.
- Cider Sunday (Bristol) (Sun 7th, Sun 14th, Sun 28th) -
18 odd different ciders available from the barrel - £2 per pint + 4 pint takeouts at £5 - choose from the best of the west and more; Ben Crossmans, West Crofts, Minchews to name just three!
7th The Fleece, past see photo above (thanks Ben Green!)
14th, The Apple, Welshback,off the Floating Harbour, Bristol BS1 4SB (it's a boat!) 2:00 - 6:30, live fiddle and guitar from the Vague Sketch: "The Vague Sketch is Mike Harris on guitar and Martin Cosgrave on fiddle. We'll be playing songs you know and songs you don't while drinking cider you know and cider you don't." starting at 2ish
28th, The Orchard, 12 Hanover Place, Cumberland Road map link. Tel: 0117 926 2628
Join us on Facebook why not (need to sign up first!)
More info when available!
- This years full list of Apple Day events are listed on the Common Ground Website, and take place on or around the 21st October.
- Cider & Perry Festival (with the Real Ale Festival) in Exeter at The Imperial (Wetherspoon's) pub.
From 11 to 21 October 2007. Over 30 different real ciders and perries.
- Nottingham Beer & Cider Fest (Thur 18th to Sun 21st) - Nottingham CAMRA, Victoria Leisure Centre, Sneinton, Nottingham.
Cider list is here which will please those with a sweet tooth...
- Twickenham Beer & Cider Festival (18th to 20th October 2007) - Clarendon Hall/Hyde Room, York House, 44 York Street, Twickenham. TW1 3BZ. map
- Apple Day - Sat 13 October at Walthamstow Village E17 East London
- 14th Croydon and Sutton Beer & Cider Festival (11th to 13th October) - 30th Croydon and Sutton CAMRA, Wallington Hall, Stafford Road, Wallington
- The Somerset Cheese, Chutney and Cider Fair Sunday 7th October (10am-5pm) - Hestercombe Gardens, Cheddon Fitzpaine, Taunton TA2 8LG (01823 413923). Free entry.
Scrumpy & Western band The Mangledwurzels will be playing three 30 minute sets at 11am, 12.15pm and 2.30pm. Last year they had Rich's Cider, Torre Cider and Charlton Orchards amongst the exhibitors.
- Victorian Apple Festival (Sat 6th - Sun 7th) - Museum of Kent Life, Lock Lane, Sandling, Kent (01622 763936)
From the website: A weekend celebrating all things apple. Taste and buy many unusual varieties that you cannot find in the supermarkets. See an antique apple crusher and press in operation and sample freshly squeezed apple juice. Take part in their 'All Apple Tombola', Apple Fishing and Apple Hoopla.
- Bedford Beer & Cider Festival (Thurs 3th - Sat 6th) - 30th North Beds CAMRA, Corn Exchange, St Paul's Square, Bedford, MK40 1SL
- Huddersfield and District CAMRA Beer and Cider Festival (Thurs 4th Oct(7pm-10.30); Fri 5th Oct(12 noon-11pm); Sat 6th Oct (11am-11pm) - The Irish Centre, Fitzwilliam St. HD1 5BB. 16 Ciders and Perries
MILL HOUSE CIDER MUSEUM, Owermoigne, Near Dorchester
Two days of Cidermaking will take place in the October half term, in association with Dorset Food Week!
On Sunday 21st and Wednesday 24th October Apples will be crushed and pressed using the antique equipment - a chance for people to see the traditional way of making cider in the flesh.
There will also be demonstrations of how cider can be made at home, using simple everyday items, as well as games, face painting, Dorset felt making demo, mulled cider and Dorset Apple cake on sale.
Adults entry £1, Children free!
We are also hiring out our cider making equipment this autumn! Bring along your apples, use our modern or antique equipment and then take your juice home to make your own cider! £10 per hour, very fun activity! Please email or phone to book.
- PERRY EXPOSITION at THE AUTUMN SHOW, MALVERN, Worcestershire - 29th & 30th.
see ukcider blog for more details and press release.
- The Sheffield Steel City Beer & Cider Festival 27th September - 29th September, Over 50 Beers, 23 Ciders & Perrys & European bottled beers.
- The Keighley Beer, Cider & Perry Festival 2007 27th September - 29th September. Victoria Hall, Keighley, with free bus to and from Keighley rail station. Open Thurs noon-11pm, Fri & Sat 11am-11pm. No advance tickets.
- 1st ROCHFORD CAMRA CIDER AND PERRY FESTIVAL, SEPT 22 - 23 (Sat-Sun)
Blanchfields, 1 Southend Road, Rochford, Essex SS4 1HA Open Sat 11am - 11pm, Sun 12pm - 10.30pm 10+ ciders; 4+ perries, full list on website FREE admission. Campaign for Real Ale South East Essex branch invite you to celebrate the Autumn Equinox with some craft ciders and perries! More details from Ciderwoman: Christine Storer, email firstname.lastname@example.org phone 01268 474835
- Salisbury Fine Food Festival, Craft Beer and Craft Cider tent, Salisbury Market Square, Sunday 23rd September.
Once again Abbey Stores are organising the beer and cider tent for the Food Festival. Open between 11am and 5pm there will be 7 real ales from local breweries and at least 5 craft ciders and one perry, with wine and soft drinks available as well. Bo Rutter from Shaftesbury will be on hand to do a pressing demonstration. Check the Abbey Stores homepage for an up-to-date beer and cider list.
- TAP & SPILE YORK, CIDER CELEBRATION
Saturday and Sunday 22nd & 23rd September as part of York Food & Drink Festival, small affair with up to 8 ciders & perrys from around the country in conjunction with our pork pie festival saturday 22nd. Open 12-12 Saturday 12-11 Sunday
- Somerset Cider Bus @ End of the Road Festival (Fri 14th - Sun 16th) - The Burrow Hill cider bus will be at this small (and probably now sold-out!) festival.
- The Maidstone Beer & Hop Festival (Saturday 8th September), Museum of Kent Life, Cobtree, Maidstone. A reasonable selection of ciders and perry provisionally listed on the festival website. Special bus service from Maidstone, or regular bus services from the Medway Towns.
- Ludlow Marches Food and Drink Festival - Friday 7th - Sunday 9th September
Always a selection of local cidermakers in attendance. This year including Barbourne cider. Ludlow, Shropshire - website
- The Ross Cider Festival (31st August - 2nd September), Ross-on-Wye Cider & Perry Co Ltd, Broome Farm, Peterstow, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 6QG (tel: 01989 567232)
Three-day Cider Festival continues at Broome Farm.
- The Ross Cider Festival (31st August - 2nd September), Ross-on-Wye Cider & Perry Co Ltd, Broome Farm, Peterstow, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 6QG (tel: 01989 567232)
A three-day cider festival with live music and a ceilidh.
- Music & Cider Afternoon Monday 27th August (2pm-8pm) - Royal Oak, Red Road, Berrow, Burnham-on-Sea TA8 2RW (01278 751628)
A family-friendly afternoon fun-day with a hog roast, and Rich's Cider for the grown-ups! Not a cider festival as such - but a good way to entice your family out for the day's cider drinking!
Scrumpy & Western band The Mangledwurzels will be playing three sets at 2:30pm, 5pm & 7pm.
- CANCELLED: Badgers Cider Festival (25th - 27th August)
The Mortimers Cross Inn, Mortimers Cross, near Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 9PD. Tel: 01568 709212; Fax: 01568 708961
**** Website shows that this event has now been cancelled ****
- Cider & Perry Festival (Bank Holiday Weekend) - Carpenters Arms, 1 North Green, Coates, Cambridgeshire, PE7 2BQ. Tel - 07799 037503
- The Victoria Cider Festival (25th - 27th August) - Southleigh Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 (0117 9745675)
20 draught real ciders including four perries. Plus a further 20 in bottle. Open all day from noon each festival day.
- Cider & Cheese Festival (25th - 27th August) - Royal Oak, 43 The Burgage, Prestbury, nr Cheltenham (01242 522344).
From the website: 'This event is in its 4th year and includes up to 20 different ciders, many of which are sourced from Gloucestershire and surrounding counties. To accompany the cider (and to soak it up!), we offer platters of local Cheese from Charles Martell of Dymock.'
- Moorgreen Country Show (25th - 27th August, 2007) Traditional Agricultural & Horticultural show. Moorgreen Show
Near Watnall, north-west of Nottingham. NG16 1HT Map
Mansfield & Ashfield CAMRA Beer & Cider marquee, also home of the 7th Notts Real Ale Festival.
We will be featuring 5 Welsh ciders and 1 perry from producers who are members of the Welsh Perry & Cider Society, plus 4 English ciders and 3 perries from producers in Herefordshire, Somerset - and Nottinghamshire.
- Mumbles Pork & Cider Festival (24th - 26th August 2007)
The Ostreme Centre, Newton Road, Mumbles, Swansea SA3 4BD
Live music all weekend. Scrumpy & Western band The Mangledwurzels will be playing on Friday evening.
Full details to follow...
- Peterborough Beer Festival (Tues 21st - Sat 25th) - Around 100 ciders and perrys (provisional list here). Full details on the Festival Website
- Cider & Cheese Festival (from 6pm Friday 17th - 18th) - Swan & Rushes, 19, Infirmary Square, Leicester, LE1 5WR (0116 2339167)
From website: 'Ciders & Perrys mainly from Gloucestershire (floods permitting), should be around 20 varieties. High quality craft cheeses - no gimmicky nonsense'.
- CANCELLED: 9th Worcester Beer & Cider Festival, Worcester Racecourse (16th - 18th August)
Run by the The Worcester Branch of the Campaign for Real Ale. **** CANCELLED DUE TO FLOODING OF SITE ****
- Great British Beer Festival, Earls Court, London (7th to 11th August 2007)
Cyder and Folk music night at Ross Cider & Perry Co. Friday 3rd. August,6pm onwards. http://www.rosscider.com:80/folk_night_3rd_&_4th_august_2007.htm
- Canterbury, Kent 28th 29th The Unicorn Inn, 61, St. Dunstans St, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 8BS
"Festival of Cider and Traditional Pub Games"
Sample a selection of Kent's finest cider and enjoy some of the pub's superb food, available from 12.00pm each day. Also try your hand at some traditional pub games, old and modern, including Shove Ha'Penny, Bagatelle, Ring the Bull, Pub Skittles, Giant Jenga, Quoits and even Snail Racing. Bring your own snail if you like! We are a small pub but have a superb hidden garden - please join us. Free entry. Tel 01227 463187 or 07914 678679 for further details or visit our website. PS For those interested in that sort of thing, I've just been told that a steam train will be passing through Canterbury on Saturday afternoon, using the level crossing by the pub...
- Plymouth Beer Festival 2007 (27th & 28th) Main Arena, Plymouth Pavilions, Millbay Road, Plymouth, PL1 3LF. Alongside the 140+ ales will be (approximately) 35 ciders and 5 perries, from the Southwest and further afield. Noon - 11pm. Entry £4 (free to CAMRA members) before 6pm Saturday. After 6pm, The Wurzels, entry £7. Souvenir glass & programme £1.50. General enquiries 01752 222200.
- West Country Cider, Perry & Ale Festival (Wed 25th - Sun 29th) Bell Inn, 18 Angel Row, Old Market Square, Nottingham, NG1 6HL (0115) 9475241
Around 6 West Country examples promised: 4 x Ciders and 2 x Perries.
- Criterion Cider & Perry Festival (19th - 22nd) Criterion Freehouse, 44, Millstone Lane, Leicester, LE1 5JN (0116 2625418)
Around 16 ciders and perrys, including CAMRA's current champions, Janets Jungle Juice.
- Kent Beer Festival (19th - 21st) Merton Farm, Off Nackington Lane, Canterbury, Kent CT4 7BA Contact details on the festival website. This will be the 33rd Kent Beer Festival, and they always have a good selection of ciders and perries, both from Kent and the West Country, with enthusiastic & knowledgeable staff on the cider bar. Further details at the festival website Advance tickets for Friday evening should have sold out by now, so if you don't have one yet, you'll have to try a different session. The cider list has now been posted on the festival site. Basic camping facilities on-site.
- Nailsea Beer and Cider Festival (13-15 July 2007) - , at Nailsea and Backwell Rugby Club near Bristol BS48 4BY (01275 810818).
This event is in its 4th great year and includes up to 30 different ciders including locally produced splendid Thatchers and Orchards varieties, Janet's Jungle Juice, plus 50 beers. Live Music all weekend. Raising funds this year for Clic-Sargent. See the website  for full details, advance tickets, travel and what's on.
- 30th Derby CAMRA Beer Festival (Weds 11th - Sun 15th July 2007) Derby CAMRA
The Assembly Rooms, Market Place, Derby.
Times and prices as follows:
Wed 6.30 - 11pm : £3
Thursday 11.30 - 3pm : FREE, 6.30 - 11pm : £5
Fri 11.30 - 3pm : £1, 5 - 6.30pm : £1, 6.30 - 11pm : £6
Sat 11.30 - 4pm : £2, 6.30 - 11pm : £6
Sun 12 - 3pm : FREE
Cider & Perry List PDF
- Hollowell Steam & Heavy Horse Show (7th & 8th July) Northamptonshire
....will feature 10 farmhouse ciders and perrys. There will also be a real ale bar.
- Beer on the Wye III: Hereford Beer & Cider Festival , Fri 6th to Sun 8th July, 2007
Venue: Riverside marquee at Hereford Rowing Club, HEREFORD. HR4 0BE
One of the highlights is that the festival cider bar will feature over 50 different ciders and perrys – every last one of them from the county of Herefordshire. And that excludes the bottled ciders we’ll be doing! We are also planning to do some tutored cider and perry tastings at the festival with local producers.
More info from: www.herefordcamra.org.uk or via 01432 275497
- Jolly Brewmaster Cider Festival (Fri 6th & Sat 7th) 39 Painswick Road, Cheltenham, Glocs, GL50 2EZ (01242 772261) - More details of the pub can be found here
- 1st JULY - SMOKING BANNED IN ALL PUBS IN ENGLAND
Please remove all references to smokey, smoke-free, non-smoking rooms etc in the pub guide since all pubs in the whole of the UK are now completely smoke free. Pubs in Scotland and wales have had the same bans since last year. Maybe take it as a opportunity to revisit and review all the cider pubs in your county.
North Devon Beer festival
Thursday 28th till Saturday 30th, 11.00am till 11.00pm, North Devon Leisure centre, Barnstaple (only a couple of minutes walk/stagger from train and bus stations)
Emphasis on local products including 10 Devon ciders, numerous local ales and even locally produced wines!
- Norwich Cider Festival 2007 - Friday 29th (7pm-11pm) & Saturday 30th (11am-3pm and 7pm-11pm) at St. Andrews' & Blackfriars Hall, St. Andrews Plain, Norwich, Norfolk NR3 1AU (01603 628477).
The organisers of the Bath Cider Festival take their Cider Truck east for the Norwich Cider Festival. Expect over 60 ciders and perrys, hog-roast rolls, a great atmosphere. Tickets in advance from CiderFestivals website. Scrumpy & Western band The Mangledwurzels will be playing playing a complete show (2x45 minutes sets) at each session.
- Stubbing Wharf Cider & Perry Festival 23rd-24th June
40 ciders and perries at Stubbing Wharf pub - Hebden Bridge ,Halifax west yorkshire http://www.stubbingwharf.co.uk/
- Welland Valley beer festival 22nd-24th June - Northants/Rutland/Leics spread over 9 pubs
Vintage buses will run from Market Harborough Station to all the pubs throughout Saturday only.
Ciders include Crones (Norfolk), Days Cottage (Glos), Eve's (Northants), Gwynt Y Ddraig (Wales), Hartlands (Glocs), Rockingham Forest (Northants), Thatchers (Somerset), Westons (Herefordshire)
More details on ukcider blog
- Three Counties Show (Fri 15th - Sun 17th) - Malvern Showground, Worcestershire.
A wide range of cider makers and their wares can usually be found around the show, including the Burrow Hill Cider Bar, and the Three Counties Cider & Perry Association who offer samples and sales of cider and perry from their membership.
- Frome Cider Festival 2007 - Friday 15th June (7pm-11pm) at Cheese & Grain, Market Yard, Frome BA11 1BE
The organisers of the Bath Cider Festival take their Cider Truck down the road for the Frome Cider Festival. Expect over 60 ciders and perrys, hog-roast rolls, a great atmosphere. Tickets £5.00 in advance from CiderFestivals website. Scrumpy & Western band The Mangledwurzels will be playing playing a complete show (2x45 minutes sets) at each session.
- Chappel Cider Festival (Thurs 7th - Sun 10th)
Annual cider festival at the East Anglian Railway Museum, Chappel Station, Colchester, Essex CO6 2DS (01206 242524)
Over 50 ciders and perrys are anticipated. Contact the museum if you would like to have your cider on sale.
- Ashfield Summer Beer & Cider Festival (Wed 6th June to Sun 10th June, 2007)
"Two Pits and a Pint": Newstead Miners Welfare, Newstead Village, Notts. Map
Moving venue and time of year - more suitable cider and perry drinking weather - and greater choice from producers.
Venue is next to the Newstead railway station on the Nottingham - Worksop Robin Hood line and less than 5 minutes walk from the bus stop.
3A Bus Timetable here
Watch this space.
2006 Ashfield Cider & Perry Bar
- The Wellhouse cider festival (June 1-3) Exeter
The Wellhouse, Cathedral Yard, Exeter, EX1 1HQ Tel:+44(0)1392 223611
25 local ciders (8 on tap, 7 bottled, 10 'by the glass')
- Bath Racecourse (1st June) - Cider Festival & The Wurzels.
First race 6.20pm, last race 9.00pm, an evening of 'orses & Zider, details here. Warning, website states: 'Our first ever cider festival will be provided by Gaymer Cider Company the proud producers of Blackthorn...'
- Stockport Beer & Cider Festival (31st May -2nd June), Edgeley Park Football Stadium, Stockport
Website promises: Over 100 beers, record order of ciders and perrys this year.
- Royal Bath and West Show The Showground Shepton Mallet 30th May - 2nd June
Cider tent with cider competition. Displays relating to cider. A number of ciders to sample/buy. Note entries for Cider Competition close 18th April.
Saturday 26th May - (1 day only)
The 1st Brecon Beer & Cider festival
To be held at the 'Castle Hotel' - Brecon, in conjunction with the 'Castle Hotel', Breconshire Brewery & Gwynt y Ddraig Champion Cidermakers. Welsh Beers & Ciders in a marquee sited below the castle walls. Food available in hotel restaurant plus a Hog roast & Bar snacks. Entertainment provided by Jazz and Ceilidh bands.
Tel : Bill George (Gwynt y Ddraig) for further details - (01443-217274)
Info : Dave Jones (Website Manager) Welsh Perry & Cider Society
- Welsh Perry and Cider Championships 26th to 28th May, 2007
- Dover, Kent 25th, 26th May
Crabble Corn Mill Beer festival web
Lower Road, River, Dover Tel : 0870 145 3857
Tickets cost £3.50 for Friday 25th May and £2.00 for Saturday 26th May.
featuring Kent Ciders:
Cripple Dick cider, Pawley Farm Cider, Double Vision Cider, Biddenden Cider
- Bosbury Cider & Blossom Festival (Sat 19th May) - Bosbury, nr Ledbury, Herefordshire.
- CIDER MUSEUM, HEREFORD International Cider & Perry Competition 16th May 2007 2007
- Winterborne Houghton, Dorset May 12th From 3.00 pm till dark
Blossomtime celebration, cider and BBQ. Maypole and Morris dancing. May Queen village event and in Rose's orchard. ukcider members welcome, especially cidermakers with own produce. Postscript see Blossomtime celebration
- Cider & Cheese Festival (from 5pm Fri 11th - Sun 13th) - Swan & Rushes, 19, Infirmary Square, Leicester, LE1 5WR (0116 2339167)
20 ciders and perrys from Cornwall, Devon & Somerset. List here
The Big Apple
Putley, May 6th + 7th
Small scale cidermaking specialist Andrew Lea (of http://www.cider.org.uk) is going to give a talk entitled “The cider revival and the science behind it”, at 11.30am on Sunday 6th May at Dragon Orchard Farm, Putley, HR8 2RG. All welcome - please come along.
Cider, perry and apple juice tasting £1.50 for 6 tokens on door.
Postscript see ukcider meets
- Reading Beer and Cider Festival (3rd-6th May 2007) Kings Meadow, Reading.
Website says: The Festival is proud to host CAMRA's National Cider and Perry Awards. Preliminary rounds of judging will be on the Friday afternoon and you can take part! If you would like to help determine the finalists, please come to the cider bar on Friday and sign up. We always need more judges so everyone (who likes cider and/or perry!) will be welcome - you don't need to be an expert. Final judging for the awards will be on the Saturday afternoon with the results announced soon afterwards.
- Brighton Cider Festival 2007 (Friday 27th (7pm-11pm) Saturday 28th (11am-3pm and 7pm-11pm) and Sunday 29th (times tbc) at Brighton Racecourse, Freshfield Road, Brighton BN2 9XZ.
The organisers of the Bath Cider Festival take their Cider Truck south east for the Brighton Cider Festival. Expect over 60 ciders and perrys, hog-roast rolls, a great atmosphere. Tickets £6.50 per session in advance from CiderFestivals website. Sunday entrance is free with race day pass. Scrumpy & Western band The Mangledwurzels will be playing playing a complete show (2x45 minutes sets) at each session.
- Powerstock Cider Festival. Friday 27th April 2007 at Powerstock Hut. Doors open 6.30 pm.
Dorset's largest independent Cider session - all in aid of charity, so you are drinking for a good cause! This event won the Innovation Award at last years Bath and West Show. Powerstock is set in the heart of the rolling West Dorset hills and space is limited - so come early. Plenty of excellent food producers also in attendance. Live band. Come and enjoy the atmosphere. More info from Nick on 01308 485 235.
- Cheese, Cider & Ale Night (Sat 14th) Blue Bell Inn, Rhosesmor Road, Halkyn, Flintshire, Wales CH8 8DL. Tel: 07010 700072 - Will also feature the launch of the pub's own cider, Rosie's Blue Bell Cider. See website for more details and check out their web page in this wiki here.
- Planet Thanet Easter Beer Festival 2007 at the Winter Gardens, Margate, Kent on Good Friday and Easter Saturday 6 & 7 April.
Open both days 12 noon to 10.30 pm with around 180 beers plus about 30 real ciders and perries. Good food and entertainment both days. This is the only CAMRA festival held over Easter so come down to the seaside and have a great Bank Holiday imbibing weekend! website. Provisional lists Perries: Barkers, Clives, Double Vision, Hartland, Hecks, Holder, Newton Court, Ross-on-Wye, Troggi and W M Watkins Ciders: Allen,Barkers, Biddenden, Bollhayes, Brain, Bristol Ciderworks,CJ's Wales, Clive's, Crossman Dan-y-Graig, Double Vision, Gwatkin, Gwynty draig, Hartland, Hecks, Mr Whitehead's, Naish, O Sir, Orchards, Perry's, Rathay's, Rich, Ross-on-Wye, Severnsider, Springfield, Westcroft, Janet's Jungle Juice, Whitfield, W M Watkins
- Mansfield Beer & Cider Festival (Thurs 29th March to Sun 1st April)
Mansfield Town Football Ground (home to 'The Stags'), Field Mill Ground, Quarry Lane, Mansfield NG18 5DA Map
No home matches!
New venue due to the Mansfield Leisure Centre being demolished - but much better for public transport. 200 yards from Mansfield Town Railway Station on the Nottingham - Worksop Robin Hood line and less than 5 minutes walk from Mansfield Bus Station. Festival will be held in an outdoor marquee and both floors of Mansfield's new and very impressive hospitality suite. All ciders and perries will be upstairs in the "Executive Lounge" first floor suite, along with the acoustic entertainment. (See the top picture here. )
10 different ciders and 4 different perries will be available, including the local Torkard Cider. Here is the cider and perry list as ordered.
- London Drinker Beer and Cider Festival, Camden Centre, Bidborough Street, London WC1 (Wed 28th to Fri 30th March 2007)
- Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival, Hitchin Town Hall, Brand Street, Hitchin (23rd and 24th March)
Admission: £1 before 3pm Fri, £2.50 at all other times. Opening times: Fri noon-11pm & Sat 11am-11pm. 20 mins walk from Rail Stn
- Leicester Beer Festival (Thurs 15th - Sat 17th) Charotar Patidar Samaj, Bay St, Leicester, (next to St Margaret’s Church and behind Farthings' plumbers merchants)
Should be around 30 ciders and perrys, plus a small selection of bottled cider/perry, Leicestershire wines, and apple juice.
- Leeds Beer, Cider and Perry Festival 2007 (Thurs 15th - Sat 17th) Pudsey Civic Hall
Website promises: Traditional Real Cider and Perry from around the country - the best selection in the North.
- 17th Sussex Beer Festival (Thurs 8th - Sat 10th) Hove Town Hall
Website promises: After the popularity of ciders, perry and wine at the 2005 festival, we stocked a much wider range in 2006. See the website for details of some of ciders and perries.
- 10th Annual Bristol Beer Festival (Friday 2nd March and Saturday 3rd March 2007), Brunel Passenger Shed, Temple Meads, Bristol.
Both days have completely SOLD OUT!
- Bath Cider Festival (Fri 16th & Sat 17th) - Bath Pavillion, North Parade Road, Bath, BA2 4EU (01225 486902)
Times: Fri: 19.30-23.00; Sat: 11.00-16.00, 19.30-23.00. Advanced tickets are £5.00 per session available from the box office or the Bath Pavilion website, or £6.00 on the door. The entrance fee includes a limited edition Bath Cider Festival glass (while stocks last!). The Bath Cider Festival will have over 60 different ciders, as well as pork, apple and stuffing rolls for sale. Scrumpy & Western band The Mangledwurzels will be playing two 45 minute sets at each session; exact times to be confirmed.
- Wassailing Events: http://www.england-in-particular.info/new/n-wass.html
- The Leominster Morris Wassail is at The Cross Inn,
Eardisland, Herefordshire, 7pm on the 6th of January.This is the same venue as last year. We went to the last one and it was great fun..a torchlight parade to the orchard, the wassailing, and then everybody back to the rear of the pub for the Mummers Play. A nice night out. Accomodation for those interested;
The Cross Inn 01544 388249 , The White Swan Inn 01544 388533