Past Cider festivals and Events 2010
Monthly Calendar of Forthcoming festivals and Events 2010
- The Continental's Christmas Beer Festival Preston Flag Market, Preston City Centre, Lancashire
- Thursday 16th - Sunday 19th December
There will be a huge decorated marquee filled with at least 10 different types of real ciders and a hundred cask ales, a lager, wine & spirit bar, along with a host of musical treats. There will also be mulled wines & ciders, hogroast & speciality food to keep you warm under the heaters while looking out at the stars and the city festivities from the sparking Christmas courtyard.
Open from noon till midnight from Thursday 16th to Sunday 19th of December, and only £2.50 entry
website : http://www.newcontinental.net/beerfestivaldecember2010/beerfestival.html Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WYE BEER, CIDER & PERRY FESTIVAL (04th-05th December) - (Venue to be confirmed) Ticket Only.
Real Beers, Ciders & Perries, Traditional Cider, beer & Menu on SATURDAY starting mid-day, Folk Singing. Ceilidh. ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE B&B, Camping. Contact Roast Ox Inn, Painscastle, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3JL. Phone 01497 851 398 Email: email@example.com WWW.roastoxinn.co.uk
- Harlequin & Riverside (15th-20th November) - Harlequin - 108 Nursery Street, Sheffield. S3 8GG Tel. (0114) 2758195 Riverside Cafe Bar - 1 Mowbray Street, Sheffield. S3 8EN Tel. (0114) 2724633 are doing a joint beer / cider / food focus week. Activities include meet the brewer events at both pubs, Pete Roberts from the Sheffield Brew Company at the riverside and another brewer at the Harlequin. Food matched with / made with drinks, rare beers etc etc. There will be a tailored cider tasting night in the Harlequin given by Andy Ciderman Parkin along with cider related nibbles
- MIKE JONES BEER, CIDER & PERRY FESTIVAL (06th-07th November) - (Venue to be confirmed) Ticket Only. Real Beers, Ciders & Perries, Traditional Cider, beer,& Menu on SATURDAY starting mid-day, Folk Singing. Ceilidh. ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE B&B, Camping. Contact Roast Ox Inn, Painscastle, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3JL. Phone 01497 851 398 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org WWW.roastoxinn.co.uk
- MILL HOUSE CIDER MUSEUM - CIDER MAKING OPEN DAY 2010
Thursday 28th October 2010 Come to see a day of Traditional Cider Making taking place in October half term at the Cider Museum in Owermoigne, Dorset ! Apples will be crushed and pressed using the antique equipment - a chance for people to see the traditional way of making cider in the flesh. There will also be advice and demos of how cider can be made at home, as well as games, face painting, Dorset Hotdogs, Thatching Demonstration, Jewellery making, Hot mulled cider and Dorset Apple cake on sale. A fun family day out ! Entry £1 Adults, Children Free ! NEW FOR 2010- CAR BOOT STYLE TABLE TOP SALE! - People can book a space along the benches in our polythene tunnel for car boot sale type stalls on the Cider Making Open Day this year. Only £3 per seller! Please phone or email to book by 24th October
- Apple Day 2010, The Stubbing Wharf, King Street, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 6LU. Tel: 01422 844107. Saturday 23 October, 2010.
Since the Stubbing started hosting the Apple Day event, it has become a great day out for the wider community and CAMRA enthusiasts alike. “As well as cider tasting, there will be apple pressing and juicing and plenty of apple-related fun and frolics for the family and the cider bar will be offering a great selection of real ciders from numerous craft-producers,” adds Matt Browne, the Stubbing’s landlord. “There’s a bit of a dearth of Apple Day activity in the north, and it’s a great opportunity to get acquainted with a wide range of apple juices and ciders.” Apple Day has also become a welcome return to the Stubbing Wharf’s highly regarded Cider Festival. Whilst the Apple Day celebrates the eating and drinking delights of apples and their juices, it has also become soothing of a ‘Mini Cider Fest’.
- The Vollys Cider & Ale Festival The Volunteer Inn, Harold Street, Hereford. Herefordshire HR1 2Q
23rd October Cider from Broome Farm, Ross on Wye, Bands, Open MIc, Face painting, Jugglers, Famous Volly Food, DJ's Cider tasting & Los Squiderous to finish off in the main bar, this is the first one so come support our love of cider and great music.
- APPLEFEST at The National Collection of Cider & Perry, Middle Farm, Firle, East Sussex BN8 6LJ
Saturday 16 and Sunday 17th October 10am - 5pm A hearty celebration in music, dance and feasting of all things apple. A huge assortment of locally sourced apples and pears,a proper old time funfair, a huge puppet show, morris sides, scrumptious cosmopolitan hot and cold eats, cider bars, a mead bar and two music stages for your delectation and delight. Fun for everyone! www.middlefarm.com
- MOON AND BELL CIDER & PERRY FESTIVAL
The festival will feature over 15 different traditional ciders and perry. 4 ciders on hand pull and 11 ciders served straight from the barrel. This festival we run over the weekend of 14th-16th October 9AM-MIDNIGHT. Pop in and try some traditional Cider! Address: Moon and Bell, 6 Ward End, Loughborough, LE11 3HA. Contact: Daniel Chadaway on 01509 241504.
- Nottingham Robin Hood Festival, Nottingham Castle 16th October 17th October.
A very wide range of ciders and perries on, probably the best in the East Midlands. Opening times: Thur 14th October: 11.00am to 11.00pm Fri 15th October: 11.00am to 11.00pm Sat 16th October: 11.00am to 11.00pm Sun 17th October: 12noon to 3.00pm
- CIDER & PERRY FESTIVAL 09th-10th Powys
Roast Ox Inn Painscastle CIDER & PERRY FESTIVAL 09th-10th October. Apple Pressing demonstration Real Ciders & Perries, Traditional Cider, & beer Menu, And on SATURDAY LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE B&B Camping Roast Ox Inn, Painscastle, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3JL. Phone 01497 851 398 Email:email@example.com www.roastoxinn.co.uk
- THE TAUNTON CIDER FESTIVAL at The Plough Inn, 75 Station Road, Taunton, Somerset - the country pub/ciderhouse in the middle of town.
Over 20 authentic ciders, from the real home of cider-Somerset! Come down on Sat night for live music, dancing and hog roast. 9th -10th of October. Drink up thy zider!
- THE CONTINENTAL'S 5TH BEER FESTIVAL - 7th-9th - Lancs with 100+ Beers and great selection of REAL CIDERS AND PERRYS - plus great entertainment and speciality food stalls.
Thursday 7th to Saturday 9th October 2010 The Continental, South Meadow Lane, Preston, Lancs PR1 8JP - tel 01772 499 425
- YEO! CIDER Sat 2nd October Devon.
Yeoford Village Hall Cider Festival. At least 10 perries and ciders including the CAMRA Gold & Silver winning champion ciders 2010. Grandma’s Weapons Grade Ginger Beer & Cornish Stingers (a unique nettle brew). Hot roast pork baps plus Quick’s cheese rolls and other snacks. Live entertainment throughout the day. Traditional & apple based games. Travel by train to fully enjoy the range of drinks on offer. Train times on the website. All the proceeds go to Yeoford’s New Community Hall Fund. Doors open 12 Noon and open till late. £3.00 entry includes souvenir glass and programme. Drinks available in 1/2pt and 1/3pt measures and all at £2.20 a pint!! Yeoford Village Hall, Yeoford, Crediton Devon EX17 5HZ http://www.yeocider.co.uk/
- THE RISING SUN, BERKHAMSTED, HERTFORDSHIRE
CIDER & PERRY MONTH AT THE RISER. Local & Regional CAMRA CIDER PUB OF THE YEAR 2010. Twenty Ciders & Perries avaiable for the whole of October. Three on hand pull the rest from the cellar. website www.theriser.co.uk. Address The Rising Sun, Canalside, George St, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP42EG Landline 01442 864913. Contact The riser Landlord.
- Oddfellows Cider Festival, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE30 2RJ
Thursday 30th September until Sunday 3rd October 2010 Come along and have a chance to sample more than 16 real ciders, perrys and even the odd pider. 
- Steel City Beer& Cider Festival, Cemetery Park, Sheffield, Thursday 30th September - Saturday 2nd October 2010.
- Full Moon Cider Festival, (18-19th September) Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 3PR.
"A celebration of organic and local produced cider" + as part of the Bristol Cycle Festival will be 'The Mr Berridge Challenge' - where "The participants will transport a barrel of cider each on utility cycles over a distance of ten miles from the brewery to the Full Moon Beer Garden on Stokes Croft, where we celebrate their arrival and display more utility and electric cycles."
Live music from: Los Mercenarios on Saturday and Whiskey Drifters and Grupo Ritmo on Sunday. Plus (of course) BBQ. Details of the 20 ciders TBA (presumably) http://www.fullmoonbristol.co.uk/
- SOUTH EAST ESSEX CAMRA Cider & Perry Festival, (Fri 17th Sep and Sat 18th Sep) 25 ciders and perries.
Bar Lambs at the Lamb & Lion, 270 Station Road, Westcliff-on Sea, Essex SS0 7SD. Fri 17:00 - 23:00; Sat 11 - 23:00 Free admission. Food available. http://www.seecamra.org.uk
- York Beer & Cider Festival, Knavesmire, York. Thu 16th, Fri 17th and Sat 18th Sep.
Impressive amount of real ciders from the likes of Gwnt Y Ddraig, Moorlands Farm, Broadoak, Westons, Dunkertons, Hecks, Rich's, Olivers, Ralph's, Winkleigh, Yorkshire Cider, West Croft and more!!! Well worth a visit if you get the chance. It's held in a big marquee near to York Race Course. Details here. CiderMike 09:00, 17 September 2010 (UTC)
- THE HEDDON VALLEY MUSIC & BEER FESTIVAL, Fri 10th 6-12am, Sat 11th and Sun 12th 12pm-12am Approx 30 Real Ales and 12 Ciders/Perries, Live Music and Family Entertainment throughout the festival. Face Painting, Craft Stalls, Duck Race, 'Best Festival Photo' Competition. Ales from around the UK, Ciders and Perries from the South West, Music from every genre. This is a laid back event - good times! The Festival is free but you will need to buy a souvenir pint glass for £2.50 to use and take home with you - this helps towards festival costs. Plenty of Free parking. Camping by arrangement. See www.thehuntersinn.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 01598 763230.
- Hull Real Ale & Cider Festival 2010, Hull City Hall, 9th September - 11th September 2010.
This year's ciders are: Barkers Medium 6.7%, Chant Medium Dry 6.0%, Chestnut Farm Medium 6.0%, Chucklehead Sweet 7.0%, Gwatkin Yarlington Mill 7.5%, Hartland Medium 6.%, Holder Dry 6.5%, Meare Dry 6.5%, Moorlands Farm Medium Sweet 6.5%, Naish Medium Dry 6.0%, Newton Court Dabinett 5.8%, Oliver's Medium Dry 6.5%, Rich's Medium Dry 6.0%, Ross-on-Wye Medium Dry 6.5%, Solway RAC Rum Cask 7.5%, Swallowfields Dabs and Browns 5.8%, West Croft Janet's Jungle Juice 6.0%, Wilkins Sweet 6.0% and Solway Pyder 6.0%.
For details contact Alan Canvess on (01482) 446320.
- 2ND ANNUAL TELFORD CIDER & MUSIC FESTIVAL (Fri 27th - Mon 30th Aug 2010) - The Haygate, 26 Haygate Road, Wellington, Telford, Shropshire, TF1 1QA - 01952 247333
Times: Friday 12.00pm-1.30am;
Up to 20 ciders and perries such as Thatchers, Westons & Gwynt Y Ddraig.
Also on offer will be bottled ciders and a range of soft drinks for drivers & children.
Food will also be available all day.
Children welcome until 9pm.
The Haygate Cider Festival will offer the best in local live music.
Friday evening 10pm - Paul Parker & All The Right Friends.
Saturday evening 10pm - K.R.A.P - Klassic Rock And Punk.
Sunday afternoon - The Doo-Dahs, there will also be a bouncy castle for children.
- Royal Windsor Racecourse cider festival, Monday 23rd August.
A brand new event at the Royal Windsor Racecourse to celebrate a traditional British drink. Come along and sample a fantastic range of British made ciders from the local area and further afield. As well as the cider festival there will be a great evening of racing. Gates open at 3.20pm and the first race is at 5.20pm. Come along and enjoy some fantastic cider and pick a winning horse. There will also be a great range of food on offer throughout the evening and why not bring the whole family as children 16 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. For more details visit website http://www.windsor-racecourse.co.uk. Book tickets online and save up to £4.00 per person.
- 11th Worcester CAMRA Beer, Cider & Perry Festival (12-14th August) - Worcester racecourse. http://www.worcesterbeerfest.org.uk/
- IAMCIDER 2004-2010: Cider Photography Exhibition. continues from July until 30th August 2010 at The Brewhouse, Taunton.
- The Bell at Caerleon (Fri 6th - Sun 8th) Real Ale, Cider & Perry Festival.
Live music and food served all day. Free entry, Call 01633 420613 or email email@example.com website www.thebellatcaerleon.co.uk
- Raunds Town Cricket Club Beer Festival, 5th - 8th August 2010 at Raunds Town Cricket Club, The Pavillion/Marshalls Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9 6ET. Tel: (01933) 625167.
Featuring Rockingham Forest Cider (Med) 7.2%, Red Kite Cider (single variety Yarlington Mill version) (Med) 7.4%, Welland Valley Festival Special (Med/Sweet) 6.9%, Green Horse Perry (Med/Dry) 6.4%, Ross-on-Wye Cider (Dry) 6.5% and Ross-on-Wye Blakeney Red Perry (Med/Dry) 6.0%. CiderMike 19:56, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- Coach and Horses Cider Festival, 6th - 8th August 2010 at Coach and Horses, 86 - 88 High Street, Barton-upon-Humber, North Lincolnshire, DN18 5PU. Tel: (01652) 632161.
Ciders to be confirmed. Will post when I find out. CiderMike 19:56, 31 July 2010 (UTC) <-- Wasn't worth bothering with. What little REAL cider they had was just Westons, Broadoak and Biddenden, something you can get from plenty of pubs.... although maybe not in Barton.... they were putting ice into it too! When I arrived they were trying to pass WKD Core off as cider!!!
- Tollemache Arms Beer Festival, 2nd - 8th August 2010 at Tollemache Arms Public House, High Street, Harrington, Northamptonshire, NN6 9NU.
Tel: (01536) 710469. Features Rockingham Forest Cider (Med) 7.0%, Red Kite Cider (Med) 7.4%, Vilberie (Med/Sweet) 6.0% and Green Horse Perry (Med/Dry) 6.3%. Open 12pm - 11pm everyday except Sunday 12pm - 10.30pm. CiderMike 19:56, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- Summer Sunshine Real Cider and Perry Festival 15th July - they run out!
This cider festival is held at several pubs owned by the Head of Steam pub company. The pubs are The Cluny, Tilley's Bar and the Head Of Steam pubs in Newcastle on Tyne, Huddersfield, and Durham. Details as follows...
- LYH, Newcastle will be stocking: Crossmans, Burrow Hill, Solway & Broadoak Moonshine ciders as well as Swallowfields, Ross on Wye and Broadoak perries.
- Head Of Steam, Newcastle will be stocking: Westcrofts Medium Dry, Rich's Legbender & Broadoak Kingston Black ciders, as well as Swallowfields perry.
- Tilley's Bar, Newcastle will be stocking: Wilkins Medium, Broadoak Moonshine & Solway ciders, as well as Broadoak perry.
- The Cluny, Newcastle will be stocking: Westcroft's Janet's Jungle Juice, Westcroft Medium Dry, Parson's Choice, Burrow Hill, Rich's Legbender, Rich's Farmhouse, Crossmans, Wilkins, Solway, Heck's Yarlington Mill & Heck's Kingston Black ciders, as well as Swallowfields, Ross on Wye, Severn Sider, Newtons, Broadoak and Hartland perry.
- Head Of Steam, Durham will be stocking: Westcroft's Janet's Jungle Juice, Broadoak Moonshine & Hartlands ciders, as well as Swallowfields and Hartlands perry.
- Head Of Steam, Huddersfield will be stocking: Westcroft's Janet's Jungle Juice, Burrow Hill, Solway & Broadoak Moonshine as well as Swallowfields, Broadoak and Hartland perry.
CiderMike 10:39, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- The Ship & Castle Cider Festival 2010 Congresbury in the heart of Somerset 9th - 18th July
Friday 9th July to Sunday the 18th July enjoy locally produced Cider and sausages @ The Ship and Castle Congresbury, 15 miles south of BRISTOL!! 11th July Family Jazz, with traditional jazz and bouncy castle, showing the World Cup Final from 6pm. On the 18th July The Mangled Wurzles play all afternoon! Children are welcome and entertainment is FREE! Come and enjoy a sausage and a pint of traditional Somerset craft! and relax in our huge garden. Call on 01934 833535 for details and find us on http://www.shipandcastle.com for directions!
- IAMCIDER 2004-2010: Cider Photography Exhibition. 3rd July - 30th August 2010 at The Brewhouse, Taunton. This is what a love affair looks like. I used to call it a labour of love, but its much more about love than working hard, one of those consuming passions you pour your heart and soul into that it eats up all your spare time. Its become an impulse, and as one man kindly described it- "in the very best sense of the word, an obsession". IAMCIDER is a stunning documentary project looking at Somersets remarkable cider heritage by Bill Bradshaw Photography. The culmination of 5 years work, an exhibition is planned to tour the west country and beyond! Somerset TA1 1JL. Box Office (01823) 283244. Prints & postcards available, free entry. see http://www.billbradshaw.co.uk for more details.
- BEER, CIDER & PERRY FESTIVAL (03th-04th July) - Roast Ox Inn Painscastle.
Real Ciders & Perries, Traditional Cider Menu, And on SATURDAY starting mid-day, Folk Singing. The Cwmbach Quire, ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE B&B Camping Roast Ox Inn, Painscastle, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3JL. Phone 01497 851 398 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.roastoxinn.co.uk
- STUBBING WHARF CIDER FESTIVAL, 2nd - 4th July at Stubbing Wharf, Hebden Bridge.
Discover over 70 different craft ciders from across the UK and beyond. Plus music and entertainment over three fun packed days. Come and join us for one of the largest selections of ciders and perries in the north of England! The Stubbing Wharf, King Street, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 6LU. Tel: 01422 844107. http://www.stubbingwharf.com
- Cider & Perry Weekend, Prince of Wales, Foxfield, Cumbria (16-18th July) - http://www.princeofwalesfoxfield.co.uk/index.html
There will be about 30 different cider & perries available throughout the weekend.
- Stockport Beer & Cider Festival - Edgeley Park, Stockport. 3rd - 5th June 2010
Real Beers, Ciders & Perries, this festival is organised by the Campaign for Real Ale. Traditional Cider and Perry Menu with 50+ varieties including many award winners. Great live entertainment, hot and cold food, stalls, souvenir T-shirts, refundable souvenir glasses and a great atmosphere! Venue - Edgeley Park Football Ground (Stockport County FC And Sale Sharks RFC), Hardcastle Rd, Stockport, SK3 9DD. Special discounted hotel rates. Visit the festival website for more detail, http://www.stockportfestival.org.uk.
- Cider & Cheese 'Beach Party' Sunday 30th May - Cleve Rugby Club
"Lots of cider and cheese, BBQ, Fun, Fun,Fun!" http://www.cleverugby.co.uk/
- Haven Arms Cider Festival, Havenside, Hedon, East Yorkshire. Monday 31st May 2010.
Ciders including Moorlands Farm Medium/Sweet, Ben Crossman Sweet, Burrow Hill Medium, Hecks Katy, Hecks Medium, Newtons Medium, Parsons Choice Sweet, Rich's Legbender Medium, Ross-on-Wye Medium, Ross-On-Wye Whisky Cider, Severn Sweet, Solway Medium/Sweet, Westcroft's Janet Jungle Juice and Wilkins Farmhouse Sweet. Perrys are Gwatkin Oldfield Perry, Newtons Perry, Solway Perry and Swallowfields Painted Lady Perry, Call (01482) 897695 for details.
- The Swan and Rushes, Infirmary Square, Leicester
Cider and Cheese Festival (21st and 22nd May) 20 ciders and 20 cheeses! Tel: 01162339167 or visit swanandrushes.co.uk
- The Continental's Fourth Beer Festival with 30+ Real Ciders & Perrys -- Thursday 13th - Sunday 16th May 2010
The Continental, South Meadow Lane, Preston PR1 8JP Come and join us at The Continental's biggest and best beer & cider festival yet. Over 100 ales, ciders, perrys and bottled European beers, specialist food stalls, a great live music line-up and a beautiful setting overlooking the river Ribble: four cracking days in May you'll remember as a cracking start to summer 2010. Tel: 01772 499 425 or email@example.com website: http://www.newcontinental.net/home
- Cider & Perry Festival - The Football Club, Hardings Lane, Gillingham, Dorset. Real cider and perry from 8 local producers. SATURDAY MAY 1st, 1pm till late
- Cider & Perry Festival - Roast Ox Inn Painscastle. 1st - 4th May 2010
Real Ciders & Perries, Traditional Cider Menu, And on SATURDAY Tafraf Ceilydh Band. SUNDAY Martin Blake "THE WHISKEY RIVER BOYS",
ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE B&B Camping Roast Ox Inn, Painscastle, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3JL. Phone 01497 851 398 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.roastoxinn.co.uk
- May Beer & cider Festival - Judges Lodgings, 9 Lendal, York, YO1 8AQ. 21st - 23rd May 2010
A large selection of excellent ciders and real ales served from a purpose built temporary bar for optimum taste and condition, the beer and cider will flow from 12 noon into the evening and is a must for any real ale or cider fan. This year running concurrently with York Races. Tel: 01904 638733 or email@example.com
- Mild Ale and Cider Festival (1st and 2nd May)
Rat & Ratchet, 40 Chapel Hill, Huddersfield, HD1 3EB. Around 20 Mild ales and 15 ciders available over the weekend
- The Builders Arms, 1 kensington Court Place, London will be holding it's first ever cider festival running throughout May, we will have 19 British Ciders and Perry's to choose from including some real gems! There will be little bits of fun along the way too including 'bobbing for apples' and a west-country party! All are welcome so make sure if you are in London you pop down and see us.
- Powerstock Cider Festival, West Dorset. Saturday 24th April 6.00pm - 10.30pm at the village hall. Please note that due to ever increasing popularity entry this year will be by ticket only - purchased in advance. Tickets (£5.00) available from 1st March on 01308 485 235, or 01308 485 345. Any cider makers wishing to exhibit please contact the same numbers.
- Salopian Bar beer festival, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1PW. Friday 16th April - Sunday 18th April 11.00am - Midnight.
Not a cider event as such, but it is worth noting that they are exclusively selling the brand new locally produced KT Cider. The cider is made in Shrewsbury, by Alan Renshaw with a limited production of only 1000 pints. The main focus of the event will be on a pale ale and there will also be live music provided from local musician Mike Holloway and his HMV band on the Saturday.free admission all weekend.(01743) 351505.
- 26th London Drinker Beer & Cider Fest Camden Centre, Bidborough St, WC1H 9AU. 10th March - 12th March 2010.
70+ ales, ciders and perries, food, tombola, music. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Cider, Perry and Real Ale Festival The Bell Inn, Bulmore Road, Caerleon, NP18 1QQ. Telephone 01633 420613. 5th March - 7th March 2010. A selection of Welsh and regional real ales, ciders and perries, live music, burlesque and food. Free entry. Contact Thebellinn@hotmail.co.uk or thebellatcaerleon.co.uk for more details.
- 4th Bath Cider Festival Friday 12th & Saturday 13th February 2010 at Bath Pavilion, North Parade, Bath BA2 4EU. Opening times: Friday 7.30pm-11.30pm; Saturday 11.00am-4pm & 7.30pm-11.30pm
Tickets £6.50 in advance; £7.50 on the door . Any unsold tickets will be made available on the door - but buying in advance is recommended as this sold out last year. Tickets on sale now from the Bath Pavilion Box Office tel: 01225 330304.
The Mangledwurzels will be on stage with their full show, as well as local acts.
- 2nd Bristol Winter Cider Festival Friday 29th & Saturday 30th January 2010 at Brunel Passenger Shed, British Empire & Commonwealth Museum, Station Approach, Temple Meads, Bristol BS1 6QH.
Tickets £6.50 in advance; £7.50 on the door (Any unsold tickets will be made available on the door) Doors open 7.30pm.
Over 100 ciders will be on sale and perries including award-winning ciders from Ben Crossman's, Rich's, Thatchers, Broadoak and Heck's (Somerset), Gwatkin (Herefordshire), Gwynt Y Ddraig (Wales) and Mr. Whiteheads (Hampshire) - as well as hog roast rolls and cheese platters, and a range of soft drinks for drivers.
As well as the cider and perry, the Bristol Cider Festival will offer local entertainment and Somerset's premier Wurzels tribute band The Mangledwurzels will be playing a full show at all three sessions.
More details here: http://www.somersetmade.co.uk/ciderfestivals/index.php
- National Winter Ales Festival - with Cider bar 20th - 23rd January 2010 at Sheridan Suite, Oldham Road, Manchester
New larger, more palatial venue (15 minutes walk/5 minutes bus ride from the city centre) with over 200 beers, including foreign beers, ciders and perries.
Wednesday 20 January 2010 17:00 - 22:30 £2 entry Thursday 21 January 2010 12:00 - 22:30 £2 entry Friday 22 January 2010 12:00 - 22:30 £3 entry until 16.30 then £5 Saturday 23 January 2010 12:00 - 22:30 £3 entry
Free entry to CAMRA members on Thursday before 16:00. £1 discount for concessions, NUS, OAPs & forces (all with ID) on Wednesday and Thursday.
Entertainment from The Road Runners, with a "punk" fancy dress theme on Saturday, but no children's area this year.
- Wassail at Orchard Barns, Rooksbridge, Somerset January 16
A West Country wassail will be held at Orchard Barns on the A38 in Rooksbridge to ensure a good apple harvest the following year. The traditions involve a parade, bonfire, song and cider in an orchard and the idea is to ward off evil spirits from the forthcoming apple crops. The wassail will begin at 6.30pm on January 16 and there will be live music from The Cherry Pickers, accordion music, and a great hamper raffle draw. A cider bar and a barbecue will be on offer and money raised will go to Great Ormond Street Hospital and the village's Lights for Life charity. Tickets priced £5 and include a cup of mulled cider with bread and cheese and are available from 01934 750255.
- Wassailing Saturday 16th January 2010. Richs Farmhouse Cider, Mill Farm, Highbridge, Watchfield, TA9 4RD. Tel: 01278 783651
This years Rich's Cider Farm Wassail will be held in aid of Cystic Fibrosis and will feature the Mangled Wurzels and Fred Bloggs. Tickets £12.50 in advance Including: Stew and a mug of mulled cider Bar until midnight.
Email email@example.com for details or visit www.richscider.co.uk
- Wassail Saturday 16th January 2010 6pm onwards The National Collection of Cider & Perry, Middle Farm, West Firle, Lewes BN8 6LJ.
Under the auspices of Hunter's Moon Morris the farmhouse orchard will be soundly wassailed, with accompanying indoor revelries, involving much music and dancing, drummers, mummers, hot victuals, a bar full of cider (mulled and otherwise) and local ales, and much good company. Free entry. www.middlefarm.com