Cider and Perry Producers in Wales
Cider And Perry in Wales
Cider-making in south-east Wales was almost as prolific as in Herefordshire and the West Country during the 18th century and almost every farm would have had orchards. From the fruit they would produce cider in the autumn to be drunk by the farm labour force the following year, especially during the busy times of hay-making and harvest. Normally every labourer was given a daily allowance of cider, accepted as part of the weekly wage. The Welsh Perry & Cider Society has a website with information, news and events.
- Gwynt y Ddraig, Llest farm, Llantwit Fardre, Pontypridd, RCT, CF38 2PW. Tel: (01446) 795709.
Ever popular producer of many draught and bottled ciders including Haymaker, Dog Dancer, and many others. Website : Gwynt y Ddraig Perry and Cider.
- Blaengawney Farm Mynydd Maen, Hafodyrynys, Crumlin, Newport, Gwent, NP11 5AY. Tel/Fax: (01495) 244691 or 07802 219384. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronze Medal Winner, Welsh Cider and Perry Association’s Annual Festival 2006. They have also started to run cider making courses. They are 1 day courses during the months of October and November where you learn about cider making with hands-on experience. Then you return around March/April the following year to learn how to rack the cider off. Included in this is 200 litres of cider to take away for your own consumption. The course costs £300 (£1.50 per litre) and available for the 2007/08 pressing. If you are interested in booking, give Andy a call: 01495 244691
- Bent Bike Ciderhouse, M. Morgan/M. Brettel, Clytha, Mons. Tel: 07973635723.
- CJ's Cider, C. J. Watkins, Penrhos, Raglan, Usk. Tel: (01600) 780216.
- Clytha Perry, Andrew Canning - Clytha Arms - Mons. Tel: (01873) 840206.
- Candwr Cider, Ponthir, Torfaen.
- Cobourn Cider, Jim Cobourn, Grosmont, Abergavenny. Tel: (01873) 821496.
- Hallet's Cider, Blaengawney Farm, Mynydd Maen, Hafodyrynys, Crumlin, NP11 5AY.
- Palmers Upland Cyder, Phill Palmer, Rogerstone, Newport. Tel: (01633) 676333.
- Seidr Mynediad Ysbyty, Jon Hallam, Chepstow. Tel: (01291) 627242.
- Springfield Cider, Alan Wordsworth, Springfield Farmhouse, Llangovan, Monmouthshire, NP25 4BU. Tel: 01291 691018 or 07752 030858. Email: email@example.com
website Producing 100% pure Welsh Cider since 2003.
- Three Saints, Jessica Deathe, Llantrisant, Usk. Tel: (01291) 672681.
- Troggi, Mike Penney, Earlswood, Mons. Tel: (01291) 650653
- Ty-Bryn Cider, Tony Watkins, Grosmont, Nr. Abergavenny. Tel: (01873) 821237.
- Ty Gwyn Cider, Ty Gwyn Cider Ltd, Crossways, Newcastle, Monmouth, NP25 5NS. Tel: (01600) 750287. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Usk Cider, Martyn Evans, Mons. Tel: (01291) 673804.
- Wernddu, Frank Strawford, Pen y Clawdd, Mons. Tel: (01600) 74010.
- Rosie's Triple "D" - Dafarn Dywyrch, Llandegla, Near Wrexham.
Rosie's Triple "D" Cider is made by award winning cider maker Steve Hughes in Llandegla near Wrexham from an orchard situated 1000 feet above sea level.
- Rosie's Blue Bell Cider is made in conjuction with the Blue Bell Inn in Halkyn where Steve brings his vintage tractor, scratter and press to make Rosie's Blue Bell Cider for the locals of the pub.
- Rampant Ram.
Made and stored in former rum barrels from Barbados.
- Ralph's Cider & Perry, Old Badlands, New Radnor, Prestigne, Powys, LD8 2TG. Tel/Fax: 01544 350304.
- Berriew Cider, Gerald Davies, Argoed, Berriew, Powys, SY21 8QG. Tel: (01686) 640291.
Farm Gate sales; Farmers Market Stall Holder; Local Delivery.
- Welsh Mountain Cider Real Cider Makers and High Altitude Apple and Pear Tree Nursery. Prospect Orchard, Prospect, Newchapel, Llanidloes, Powys, SY18 6JY. Tel.07790071729 or 01686411277. Producers of award winning Welsh Cider and over 400 varieties of heritage apple and pear trees (cider, Perry, dessert and culinary) grown and grafted in their high altitude Apple and Pear tree Nursery.
Welsh Mountain Cider is made by Bill Bleasdale and Chava Richman at their smallholding near Llanidloes in the hills of Mid-Wales. All their sulphite free cider is live, and made from 100% fresh juice fermented with indigenous yeasts. Their experience in the blending of apples and pears to create fine cider, perry and juice gives them the knowledge to help you plant the perfect orchard to suit your needs. Trees sent by post/ courier throughout U.K. and E.U. Visitors welcome by appointment.
- Toloja Orchards. Tel: (01570) 471295. Email: email@example.com
Producers of Welsh Cider, Perry & Apple Juice. No additives, sugar, sweeteners or yeast is used in our products, hense our slogan... NATURAL TO THE CORE. For more information about their drinks, courses, rare breed animals or holiday cottages.
- Penallt Cider, Cider Mill, The Birches, Penallt, NP25 4AW.
Producing a delicious dry cider - Capsy Wennet, smooth and very drinkable, also a perry is available - sold ?exclusively? in The Boat Inn, Penallt.