Cider Pub Guide to Yorkshire
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Yorkshire. 114 pubs listed so far...
Cider Pubs in North Yorkshire
- The Old Manor House aka "Clapham Bunk", Church Avenue, Clapham, North Yorkshire (Yorkshire Dales), LA2 8EQ. Tel: (015242) 51144.
Simple and traditionally furnished stone floored public bar integral with the "Clapham Bunk" bunkhouse and "Witherspoons Emporium". No games machines and the only music is whatever you make youself. Sells a good range of draught and bottled ciders, a changing local draught beer and some organic bottled beers - almost qualifies as a cider house. Currently selling Westons from polypins behind the small bar. Today Weston's Traditional Scrumpy and Country Perry available, with Old Rosie in reserve. Situated next to the car park of this old dales village which is frequented by the hillwalking and caving fraternities. Ideally sited for recovering after climbing Ingleborough. Odd opening hours - closes 7pm Friday/Saturday, 6pm during the week. Food limited to soup, with a range of organic crisps and other snacks. Soft drinks are similarly "organic". Real ice creams available from the Emporium part of the business (just through the door). Google Map Clapham railway station is just over a mile away and is on the Morecambe - Leeds line - Timetable and tourist details. There are also buses from Settle.
- Tap and Spile, Market Place, Westgate, Guisborough, North Yorkshire, TS14 6BG. Tel: (01287) 632983.
- Winter Gardens, 4 Royal Baths, Parliament Street, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 2RR, Tel: (01423) 877010.
A JDW pub with the usual range.
- Tap & Spile, 41 Tower Street, Town Centre, Harrogate, HG1 1HS. Tel: (01423) 526785.
- Hunters of Helmsley Deli, 13 Market Place, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5BL. Tel: (01439) 771307.
The only two pubs in Helmsley don't sell any real cider, but luckily this deli does sell a few bottles. I picked up some Yorkshire Medium Dry Cider (6.9%) made in Pickering, Ampleforth Abbey Cider (8.3%) as made by the monks and some Orchards of Husthwaite Galtres Gold Cider made by a small co-operative in the village of Husthwaite which were all very nice! CiderMike 09:09, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
- The Balmoral, Low Street, Husthwaite, North Yorkshire, YO61 4QA. Tel: (01347) 868007.
A traditional village pub stocking Galtres Gold made by the Orchards of Husthwaite Co-operative.
- Valley Bar, Valley Road, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 2LX. Tel: (01723) 372593.
Situated near the junction with Westwood Road, this CAMRA National Cider & Perry Pub award winner of 2007, stocks at least 4 real ciders, and a perry available. On 9/4/07 had two Gwatkin ciders, Ross-on-Wye cider and Broadoak perry, on 30/5/09 had 5 ciders but 2 had ran out Cider Mike 13:51, 12 June 2009 (BST). Disappointed to see an industrial Saxon Cider for sale on my latest visit. However, also available was Rathay's Old Goat, Watkins Whiskey, Hewitts Dry and Broadoak Old Bristolian and Broadoak Perry. CiderMike 17:19, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
- The Lord Rosebery, 85 - 87 Westborough, Scarborough, North Yorkshire, YO11 1JW. Tel: (01723) 361191.
- Marton Arms, Thornton-in-Lonsdale, Nr. Ingleton, N.Yorkshire, LA6 3PB. Tel: (015242) 41281.
Large pub in the hamlet of Thornton-in-Lonsdale, roughly a mile from Ingleton. Previously a local real ale mecca, now under new ownership with current landlords hoping to restore its previous status. Weston's Old Rosie on handpump, along with eight real ales (and plenty of handpumps for more). Well placed for exploring the local hills and potholes. Food and accomodation available. Google map. Not easily reached by public transport: three buses a day from Lancaster to Ingleton, with none on Sunday.
- The Station Inn, New Quay Road, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO21 1DH. Tel: (01947) 603937.
Weston's Old Rosie. Also offers mead and fruit wines, and food during the summer months.
- The Little Angel, 18 Flowergate, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO21 3BA. Tel: (01947) 602514.
(Walk up the hill from the Western end of the bridge). Weston's Old Rosie. Traditional pub.
- The Shambles, Market Place, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO22 4DD. Tel: (01947) 600306.
From the town centre, cross the bridge and take the first alley on the left. Westons Old Rosie. Modern bar upstairs above the covered market, with view over the harbour. Food, inc. vegi.
- The Black Horse 91 Church Street, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO22 4BH. Tel: (01947) 602906.
- York Tap, York Railway Station, Station Road, York, North Yorkshire, YO24 1AB. Tel: (01904) 659009.
- Brigantes, 114 Micklegate, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 6JX. Tel: (01904) 675355.
- The Maltings, Wellington Row, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 6HU. Tel: (01904) 655387.
Located just off Lendal Bridge, between station and city centre. Usually has Biddenden Dry and sometimes Thatchers Cheddar Valley. Beware of Saxon pseudo-cider products being offered alongside real ciders. Lots of character. Food, generally involving huge plates of home-made chips: the chilli is very hot. Visted on 27/06/11 to find no Saxon RESULT!! Real Cider available was Gwatkin Silly Ewe, Mr Whitehead Novo Pyrus Perry, Biddenden Dry and Mole's Black Rat. CiderMike 12:56, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
- The Swan, 16 Bishopsthorpe Road, York, North Yorkshire, YO23 1AN. Tel: (01904) 634968.
Located onthe junction of Clementhorpe & Bishopsthorpe Road, just outside the walls in the SE corner. Has a changing real cider, usually from a small producer and often has Broadoak perry.
- The Rook and Gaskill, 12 St. Lawrence Street, York, North Yorkshire, YO10 3WP. Tel: (01904) 674067.
Located just outside the city walls at Walmsgate. Has a changing real cider.
- York Beer Shop (specialist off-licence), 28 Sandringham Street, York, North Yorkshire, YO10 4BA. Tel: (01904) 647136.
Located about 3 mins walk beyond city walls. Has several bottled real ciders, usu. 2/3 perries, usu. two draught ciders (bring container for these). Also sells very good cheese. Best specialist off-licence in York.
- Evil Eye Lounge (bar/off-licence), Stonegate, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 8AS. Tel: (01904) 640002.
At the front is an off-license stocking bottled Sheppys and Westons (and a wide range of rare spirits). Behind this is a bar offering bottled Thatchers Katy. No cider in bar, and could only see Old Rosie in the shop on my visit on 20/08/11. CiderMike 12:29, 22 August 2011 (UTC) Now stocking bottled ciders from Thistly Cross. CiderMike 17:44, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- The Bottle, 48 Stonegate, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 8AS. Tel: (01904) 640001.
- Fabeers Off-Licence, 31 Goodramgate, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 7LS. Tel: (01904) 628344.
- The Old Ebor 2 Drake St, York, YO23 1EQ
Old Rosie. Odd hours - open from 14:00 on Mon-Fri, from 12:00 Sat & Sun.
- The Volunteer Arms 5 Watson St, York, YO24 4BH
It's advert in 'Ouse Boozer' (the local CAMRA newsletter) claims it has "two real ciders".
- The Yorkshire Terrier, 10 Stonegate, York, YO1 8AS. Tel: (01904) 676772.
- Kyi-po Off-Licence, 9 Goodramgate, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 7LW. Tel: (01904) 675027.
- The Blue Bell, 53 Fossgate, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 9TF. Tel: (01904) 654904.
- The Ackhorne, 9 St. Martins Lane, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 6LR. Tel: (01904) 671421.
Located down a little cobbled street off Micklegate. Draft Old Rosie. Other bottled cider available.
- Tap & Spile, 29 Monkgate, York, North Yorkshire, YO31 7PB. Tel: (01904) 656158.
- Pivni, 6 Patricks Pool, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 8BB. Tel: (01904) 635464.
Located in the centre, very near Market Place. Bar specialising in continental beers which also stocks Hogans cider and Gwynt Y DDraig Two Trees perry (5/11). Only fizzy Hogans on my visit on 20/08/11. CiderMike 12:29, 22 August 2011 (UTC)
Cider Pubs in East Yorkshire
- The Black Swan, 74 Main Street, Brandesburton, East Yorkshire, YO25 8RG. Tel: (01964) 542376.
Recently started selling (and cooking with) Thatcher's Traditional at £3.40 per pint. The cider is dispenced from two polypins on the back of the bar. Confirmed on 10/7/2011. CiderMike 08:15, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
- Prior John, 34 - 36 The Promenade, Bridlington, East Yorkshire, YO25 2QD. Tel: (01262) 674256.
- Cornerhouse, 2 - 4 Norwood, Beverley, Hull, East Yorkhire, HU17 9EY. Tel: (01482) 882652.
- Green Dragon, 51 Market Place, Beverley, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU17 8AA. Tel: (01482) 889801.
Visited on 10/7/2011 and asked the barman what ciders they have? The reply was "Magners, Rekorderlig, Aspall's Blush... and Aspall's Premier Cru on draught." After making do with Aspall's, I then saw a box of Old Rosie on the back of the bar! I wasn't happy, and told them they should be mentioning that as it's the only REAL cider they have! CiderMike 08:15, 11 July 2011 (UTC) No Old Rosie at all on 20/20/11. CiderMike 12:34, 22 August 2011 (UTC)
- New Inn, 31 Main Street, Tickton, Beverley, East Yorkshire, HU17 9SH. Tel: (01964) 542371.
- The Jug And Bottle, The Old School, Main Street, Bubwith, East Yorkshire, YO8 6LX.
Deli and off-licence selling Westons, Gwatkins, Sheppys and Biddenden cider both from the cask and in bottles. Always 16 or more ciders on draught to take away in jugs and in excess of 40 bottled ciders and Perries.
- The Ship Inn, Beverley Road, Dunswell, East Yorkshire, HU6 0AJ. Tel: (01482) 854458.
- City and County, Market Square, Goole, East Yorkshire, DN14 5DR. Tel: (01405) 722600.
A Wetherspoon's that supppost to serve Weston's Ciders, but on my recent visit they said they had sold out! Instead they diverted us to the Macintosh Arms below. I suspect they haven't been stocking at all as it's hard to run out of the range of bottles and the bag in box that they can order. CiderMike 08:57, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- Macintosh Arms, 13 Aire Street, Goole, East Yorkshire, DN14 5QW. Tel: (01405) 763850.
- Haven Arms, Haven Side, Sheriff's Highway, Hedon, Hull, East Yorkhire, HU12 8HH. Tel: (01482) 897695.
Suppost to stock 3 real ciders after the sucsess of a cider festival, this was reduced to just Weston's Ciders and then nothing on the last 3 occasions I have visited. Rumours say they are now stock something permanently, will investigate. CiderMike 15:48, 25 October 2010 (UTC) Took a trip to find Moorlands Farm Cyder (Med/Sweet) in bottles. CiderMike 09:48, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- Smugglers, 49A New Road, Hornsea, East Yorkshire, HU18 1PH, Tel: (01964) 534653.
Can anyone offer anymore details?
- Walters, 21 Scale Lane, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 1LH. Tel: (01482) 224004 or email : email@example.com
- Lion & Key, formerly Nelly's Bar, 48 High Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 1QE. Tel: (01482) 225212.
- Ye Olde Black Boy, 150 High Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 1PS. Tel: (01482) 326516.
- Sailmakers Arms, Chandlers Court, 159 High Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 1NQ. Tel: (01482) 227437.
Recently "encouraged" to try stocking Weston's Old Rosie, this progressed to Moorlands Farm Cyder and in the first week in November 2011 both Westcroft Janet's Jungle Juice and Gwynt y Ddraig Pyder were on the handpumps. CiderMike 14:30, 6 November 2011 (UTC))
- The George Hotel, Land of Green Ginger, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 2EA. Tel: (01482) 226373.
- New Clarence, 77 - 79 Charles Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU2 8DE. Tel: (01482) 320327.
- Whalebone Inn, 165 Wincolmlee, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU2 0PA. No phone number details available.
Sells Westons Old Rosie and Broadoak Kingston Black at £2.80 per pint, as well as a selection Weston's bottled ciders, but unfortunately no real perry on draught any longer. CiderMike 08:15, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
- Wellington Inn, 55 Russell Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU2 9AB. Tel: (01482) 329486 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regulars are Weston's Old Rosie and Weston's Herefordshire Country Perry with a guest, which was Mr Whitehead's Boxing Dog on 20/01/11, Broadoak Old Bristolian on 05/02/11 and Jollydale on 20/06/11 when visited. Prices seem to have risen to £3.30 a pint - May 2011. CiderMike 13:06, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
- Admiral Of The Humber, 1 Anlaby Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 2NT. Tel: (01482) 381850.
- Three John Scotts, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 1XW. Tel: (01482) 381910.
- The Adelphi, 89 De Grey Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU5 2RU. Tel: (01482ew) 348216.
- Xanders, 158 Newland Avenue, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU5 2NN. Tel: (01482) 446555.
A new bar, which always sells two of the Weston's range of ciders on hand pull, but for some reason they STILL insist on squeezing it through a sparkler nozzle as if it was an ale. CiderMike 13:41, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
- Henry Yeast & Son, 6 Newland Avenue, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU5 3AF. Tel: (01482) 493557.
Stocks Breton French champagne style cider in both sweet and dry.
- Hartley's Tap, 177 Newland Avenue, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU5 2EP. Tel: (01482) 471390.
- The Grafton, 114 - 116 Grafton street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU5 2NP. Tel: (01482) 443906.
- Zachariah Pearson, 386 Beverley Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU5 1LN. Tel: (01482) 474181.
- Gardener's Arms, 35 Cottingham Road, Hull, EastYorkshire, HU5 2PP. Tel: (01482) 342396.
Sells a Weston's Cider in the front bar. On 10/04/11 it was Weston's Traditional Scrumpy. However, I have arrived several times to find nothing, so if you're going for the cider, ring first to check! CiderMike 06:54, 12 April 2011 (UTC) Weston's Traditional Scrumpy at £3.10p per pint on last visit. CiderMike 09:48, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- Hop and Vine, 24 Albion Street, Hull, East Yorkhire, HU1 3TG. Tel: 07500543199 or email: email@example.com
Joint winner of 2010 CAMRA National Cider Pub of the Year, Yorkshire Regional Cider Pub of the Year 2010 and Hull & East Yorkshire Cider Pub of the Year 2010. Moorlands Medium/Sweet Cyder and up to 3 changing real ciders/perries from a variety of different producers. Closed Sunday, Monday and part of Tuesday. User:StewartC 22.54, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- Why not do the Hull Cider Crawl?
- Holderness Inn, 9 High Street, Patrington, East Yorkshire, HU12 0RE. Tel: (01964) 630335.
A Westons cider.
- Star at Sancton, King Street, Sancton, East Yorkhire, YO43 4QP. Tel (01430) 827269.
- Pipe & Glass, West End, South Dalton, East Yorkshire, HU17 7PN. Tel: (01430) 810246.
Recently ditched Weston's Old Rosie for local cider from Moorlands Farm which is served on hand pump. Also serves DAMN GOOD food, hence its Michelin star status. Closed all day Monday. CiderMike 13:55, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
Cider Pubs in South Yorkshire
- The Station Inn, Doncaster Road, Darfield, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S73 9JA. Tel: (01226) 752096.
- The Longbow, Barnsley Road, Darfield, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S73 9DJ. Tel: (01226) 752980.
- Cask Corner, 3 Cleveland Street, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN1 3EH. Tel: 01302 366277. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old Angel, Cleveland Street, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN1 3EF. Tel: (01302) 732170.
A JDW pub with the usual ciders.
- Salutation Hotel, 14 South Parade, South Yorkshire, Doncaster, DN1 2DR. Tel: (01302) 304705.
- Red Lion, 37 - 38 Market Place, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN1 1NH. Tel: (01302) 732120.
A JDW pub with the usual ciders.
- Gate House, Priory Walk, High Street, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN1 1TS. Tel: (01302) 554540.
A JDW pub with the usual ciders.
- The Benjamin Huntsman, 12 - 18 Cambridge Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 4HP. Tel: (0114) 263 9500.
- The Francis Newton, Clarkehouse Road,
- Rutland Arms 86 Brown Street, Sheffield, S1 2BS Tel. (0114) 2729003 e-mail: email@example.com Twitter: @rutlandarms Facebook: Rutland Arms.
Always has 8 ciders & a perry on the bar with plenty more in the cellar. Regularly attended by Ciderman UK Cider Rep for Sheffield & District CAMRA branch.
- The Harlequin, 108 Nursery Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S3 8GG. Tel: (0114) 249 4181.
Ciders include Thatchers Farmers Tipple 6.4% and Broadoak Kingston Black 8.4%. Visited on 13/06/10 to find Wilkins Med/Dry 6.0%, Wilcox Farmhouse 6.5% and Ross On Wye Farmhouse Perry 6.0%. Oversized pint glasses but £3.20 a pint. CiderMike 16:07, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- Kelham Island Tavern, 62 Russell Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S3 8RW. Tel: (0114) 272 2482.
Traditional cider and perry, normally from Westons.
- The Vine Inn, 160 - 162 Cemetery Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S11 8FR. Tel: (0114) 276 8920.
- Shakespeares, 146 - 148 Gibraltar Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S3 8UB. Tel: (0114) 279 9655.
- The Sheaf Island, Wards Brewery, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S11 8HW. Tel: (0114) 267 7700.
- Henry's, 38 Cambridge Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 4HP. Tel: (0114) 273 8742.
- The Sheaf View, 25 Gleadless Road, Heeley, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 3AA. Tel: (0114) 249 6455.
- Sheffield Tap, Platform 1B, Sheffield Midland Station, Sheaf Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2BP. Tel: (0114) 273 7558.
Hogans. Unfortunatly, it's just the fizzy kind on tap, but there are bottles as well.
- The Swim Inn, 217 - 231 Glossop Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2GW. Tel: (0114) 252 7640.
Yet another JDW pub. So called because it occupies part of the former Glossop Road Baths.
- University Arms, 197 Brook Hill, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S3 7HG. Tel: (0114) 222 8969.
Other sites: Try Ciderman UK for a full list of all Sheffield & District Cider pubs.
Cider Pubs in West Yorkshire
- Fighting Cock, 21 - 23, Preston Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 1JE. Tel: (01274) 726907.
- Sparrow Bier Café, 32 North Parade, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 3HZ. Tel: (01274) XXXXXX.
- Albion, 25 New Line (main Leeds-Keighley road), Greengates, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD10 9AS. Tel: (01274) 613211.
Manages to be a local and a dining pub. Usually serves Broadoak Moonshine cider and Premium perry.
- Central Station (aka Station Hotel), Crackenedge Lane, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF13 1PT. Tel: (01924) 450727.
- Leggers Inn, Savile Town Wharf, Mill Street East, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12 9BD. Tel: (01924) 502846.
- The Shepherd's Boy, 157 Huddersfield Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF13 2RP. Tel: (01924) 454116.
- The Time Piece 11 - 15a Northgate, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF13 1DS. Tel. (01924) 460051.
- The West Riding Licensed Refreshment Rooms, Railway Station, Wellington Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF13 1HF. Tel: (01924) 459193.
- Drop Inn, 12 Elland Lane, Elland, West Yorkshire, HX5 9DU. Tel: (01422) 387484.
- The Three Pigeons, 1 Sun Fold, South Parade, Halifax HX1 2LX Tel. 01422 347001
One real cider or perry at any one time. (Oct 2011)
- The Fox and Goose, Heptonstall Road, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 6AZ. Tel: (01422) 842649.
Rotating guest ciders and perries on handpump. A traditional no-nonsense ale house where lager comes in bottles from foreign parts and smooth is a swear word! Visited on Saturday 23rd October and they had no draught cider. Was happy with a bottle of Weston's Premium Organic though. They also had Thatchers Katy in bottles. CiderMike 14:21, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- Stubbing Wharf, King Street, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 6LU. Tel: (01422) 844107.
A short way west of the Fox & Goose, between the main road and the canal. Weston's Bounds Brand. Annual cider festival on first week-end in July and Apple Day in October. Visited their Apple Day on Saturday 23rd October and found many ciders on sale including ciders from Moorlands Farm, Westcroft, Gwatkins, Gwynt-y-Ddraig and more. The Calderdale Local Orchard Group (CLOG) were also in attendance making apple juice on two presses outside. A fantastic day out, even the wet weather wasn't enough to stop us enjoying it. CiderMike 14:21, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- The Head of Steam, Huddersfield Station, St. Georges Square, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1JB. Tel: (01484) 454533.
Visited on 1st May 2011 to find an impressive selection of Gwynt y Ddraig and Perry's real cider's dispensed from boxes in the chiller, with Weston's Old Rosie on handpull. Well situated on the Railway Station with real ales too. Cider festival in October. CiderMike 15:49, 28 May 2011 (UTC).
- The Rat and Ratchet, 40 Chapel Hill, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 3EB. Tel: (01484) 542400.
At least six real ciders. An Ossett Brewery pub with up to a dozen real ales. Cider and mild ale festival in early May. Visted on Saturday 23rd October and was pleased to see 9 real ciders including Wilcox Traditional Farmhouse, Mr Whitehead's Strawberry, Lyne Down Roaring Meg and Ben Crossmans Traditional Scrumpy (mis-labelled as Sommerset Cider - yes, they did spell it with two Ms! The pub has a UK Cider poster up in the bar. CiderMike 14:14, 24 October 2010 (UTC) Visited on May 1st 2011 for their cider (and mild) festival to find Udders Orchard, Moorlands Farm, Sandford Orchard, Gwynt Y Ddraig and many others. CiderMike 15:49, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
- Kings Head, formerly The Station Tavern, 18 Saint George's Square, Huddersfield Train Station, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1JF. Tel: (01484) 511058.
Visited on 1st May 2011 to find Westcroft's Janet's Jungle Juice and Weston's Old Rosie. Can be a little rowdy on an evening, but harmless enough. CiderMike 15:49, 28 May 2011 (UTC). Unfortunately, this turns out to be another pub that alternates real cider with fruit cider (Sept. 2011).
- The Sair Inn, 139 Lane Top, Linthwaite, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD7 5SG. Tel: (01484) 842370.
- The Commercial, 1 Carr Lane, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD7 5AN. Tel: (01484) 846258.
Independent pub with eight hand pumps, one of which always has a Real Cider. Likely to be Cornish Orchards Farmhouse for the forseeable future but rotates with Snails Bank Tumbledown and occasionally Westons First Quality depending on availability. SteveB 19:59, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
- The Little Bridge Wine Bar, Brittania Road, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD7 5HF. Tel: (01484) 846738.
- The Cherry Tree, 14 - 18 John William Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1BA. Tel: (01484) 448190.
- Riverhead Brewery Tap and Dining Room, 2 Peel Street, Marsden, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD7 6BR. Tel: (01484) 841270.
Osset Brewery pub. Bottled Westons Organic is available, with their Raspberry Twist cider available on 3/8/11.
- Rhubarb, Queensgate, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 3DH. Tel: 01484 767 132.
Thatchers' Traditional on handpull and bottles of Katy (both traditional and rose varieties) in bottles available (July 2012)
- The Grove, 2 Spring Grove Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 4BP. Tel: (01484) 430113.
Across the ring road from the bus station and to the far side of the car park stands the Grove, a street corner real ale house, always serving a cider - unfortunately, it is normally a Saxon cider, but recently (02/2011) has had a Broadoak Cider or perry.
- The Sportsman 1 St .John's Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 5AY. Tel: 07866 901162.
Hours: Mon-Thurs and Sun noon-midnight; Fri-Sat noon-1am (may open earlier). Usually has up to four real ciders and local Pure North bottled cider (Aug 2011). Cider festival Oct.
- White Cross Inn, 2, Bradley Road, Bradley, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD2 1XD. Tel: (01484) 425728.
Located on the A62, 3 miles towards Leeds. Hours: 1145-2300, exc. Sun. 1200-2230. Only in Summer, keeps one cider and one perry, usually from The Real Cider Company's list.
- Yeaton Cask, 4,Town Road, Kirkheaton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD5 0HW. Tel. (01484) 641003.
Well-refurbished pub which has real cider intermittently, alternating with Saxon Cider (Aug. 2011). Sandford Orchards Fanny's Bramble and Moorlands Farm Medium Dry as of 31/08/11. CiderMike 19:24, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hand Drawn Monkey Beer Shop, 28 Wood Street, Huddersfield
A selection of bag in the box ciders, unfortunately not always as well kept as they might be, unrefrigerated in a warm shop. Includes local Pure North and Udders Orchard in both bag in box and bottles.
- Royal Oak, Damside, off Oakworth Road, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD21 1QD. Tel: (01535) 604084.
- Duck and Drake, 43 Kirkgate, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS2 7DR. Tel: (0113) 245 9728.
- The Grove, Back Row, Holbeck, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5PL. Tel: (0113) 243 9254.
- The Hop, The Dark Arches, Granary Wharf, Dark Neville Street, Neville Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4BR. Tel: (0113) 2439854.
Down a tunnel off the road bridge under Leeds Station or approach across the gentrified canalside area further down Neville Street. Open 12noon-12midnight every day. An Ossett Brewery pub geared to a city clientele. Leeds's major real cider and perry outlet, with seven on recently (see website, which appears to be kept up-to date) (Sept. 2011).
- Miners Arms, 4 Aberford Road, Garforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS25 1PX. Tel: (0113) 286 2105.
- Scarbrough Hotel, Bishopgate Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 5DY. Tel: (0113) 243 4590.
Weston's Cider - 2 or three available, usually including a perry.
- Fox and Newt, 9 Burley Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1LD. Tel: (0113) 245 4527.
- Horse and Trumpet, 51 - 53 The Headrow, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 6LR. Tel: (0113) 243 0338.
- Navigation Tavern, 6 Station Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 8NL. Tel: (01924) 492476.
- Pear Tree, 259, Huddersfield Road, Mirfield, West Yorkshire, WF14 9DL. Tel. (01924) 491360.
- Miners Arms, 107 Albert Road, Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS27 8LG. Tel: (0113) 238 3070.
- Rock Inn, 2 - 8 Albert Road, Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS27 8JU. Tel: (0113) 253 4135.
- Black Bull, Market Place, Otley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS21 3AQ. Tel: (01943) 462288.
- Fanny's Real Ale And Cider House, 63 Saltaire Road, Saltaire, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 3JN. Tel: (01274) 591419.
2 draught ciders are available, unfortunately only one of them is real - Weston's Old Rosie and Stowford Press. Comedian Peter Kay performed at one of Fanny's comedy nights, while Paul O'Grady lived in the area and was a regular. The late John Peel's wife was born in the room upstairs. Also, Hogans Cider
- Shepherds Rest, 125 Bolton Brow, Sowerby Bridge, Halifax HX6 2BD
- Maypole Inn, Main Street, Long Preston, Skipton, West Yorkshire, BD23 4PH. Tel: (01729) 840219.
- Fernandes Brewery Tap, The Old Malthouse, 5 Avison Yard, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 1UA. Tel: (01924) 386348.
A 3-storey malthouse, housing a small brewery in the basement. The first floor houses continental bier keller with large selection of draught and bottled continental products, and a real ale. The top floor houses 10 real ales and only one real cider or perry (up-dated 22/7/2011, formerly two ciders or perries). Choices often include Thatchers, Gwatkins, Westons, Moles, Cornish Orchards and Broadoak. Bottled ciders are Westons Premium Organic, Westons perry and Westons medium sweet. No children, dogs welcome. Opening hours: Pub: Mon-Thurs 4-11pm (midnight Thurs); Fri-Sat 11-1am, Sun 12-12; Bier Keller: 6.30 - midnight Thurs, 4-midnight Fri & Sat, 4-10.30 Sun.
- Harry's Bar, 107B Westgate, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 1EL. Tel: (01924) 373773.
Located down alleyway at top of block opposite Westgate station. Access also from Back Garden Street pay-and-display. Wakefield's best-kept secret, a one-room pub with a real cider or perry on handpump and nine proper beers. Cider festival on various days in August.
A day ticket on Arriva North-East buses 93 (or slower X56) will cover a trip taking in Scarborough (see above), Robin Hood's Bay (no cider, but pretty spot), Whitby (see above), and Guisborough (see above). Timetable http://www.arrivabus.co.uk
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Guide to Yorkshire
- Tap and Spile, Falsgrave Road, Saltaire, West Yorkshire.
Delisted as new landlord stopped stocking Old Rosie.
- Judges Lodgings, York, YO1 8AQ.
No longer has real cider. This is an interesting development as when I was there less than 12 months ago the manager was very enthusiastic about real cider, however I rang to check and this was confirmed. CiderMike 15:30, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
- The Three Legged Mare, 15 High Petergate, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 7EN.
- The Kings Arms, On the bank of the River Ouse near Ouse Bridge, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 9SN.
Sam Smiths pub. No real cider.
- The Hansom Cab, 23 Market St, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 8SL.
Sam Smiths pub. No real cider.
- The Tap, formerly Tap & Spile, 169 - 171 Springbank, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU3 1LP. Tel: (01482) 323518.
- Bar Exchange, Unit 2, City Exchange, Lowgate/Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 1AA. Tel: (01482) 218416.
3 Real ciders. On the opening night (29/09/11) there was Moorlands Farm Cyder, Hecks Kingston Black and Gwynt y Ddraig Two Trees Perry all at £2.90 a pint. Sadly the licencee gave up, after Enterprise Inns gave him a good offer on his old pub "The George" - see above.
- The Courts Bar, Imperial Chambers, Bowl Alley Lane, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU1 1XR. Tel: (01482) 226543.
- The Wheelhouse, 920 Beverley High Road, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU6 7DA. Tel: (01482) 802357.
- Triton Inn, Ellerker Road, Brantingham, East Yorkshire, HU15 1QE. Tel: (01482) 667261.
- Captain Cook Inn, 60 Staithes Lane, Staithes, North Yorkshire, TS13 5AD. Tel: (01947) 840200.
Delisted as it only sells Addlestones. Pub has stone floors, and does food. Staithes is a coastal village between Whitby & Loftus. Located at the top of the hill up from the harbour, near the main road (handy for the bus to Whitby & Guisborough).
- The Shoulder of Mutton 9 Church Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD7 5AS. Tel: 01484 844661.
Previously a disappointment, the shoulder has started offering Westons Traditional Scrumpy on handpull, as well as a much improved selection of real ales. EDIT 03/08/12 no Real Cider on currently but the new landlady promises there will be after a refurb later this year. Edit 24/2/13 De-listed as the promised real cider turns out to be Aspalls SteveB 20:02, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|