Cider Pub Guide to West London
|London Cider Pub Guide index|
13 Outlets listed in West London so far...
- The Nag's Head, 53 Kinnerton Street, Belgravia, SW1X 8ED. Tel: (020) 7235 1135.
Tucked away down a quiet mews, serving Aspalls Cider on tap and often a guest cider, the Nag’s is an eccentric little place. Hardly changed in more than 300 years, the two small bars are decorated with a host of curios, from carpet beaters to 3D viewing boxes – and the fact that the bar staff are at a lower level than the customers is most peculiar. Seriously Free House. The cider tap is tucked away, so do ask.
- The Magpie and Crown, 128 High Street, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 8EW. Tel: (020) 8560 4570.
- O'Brien's, 11 London Road, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 8JB. Tel: (020) 8560 0506.
- The North Star, 43 The Broadway, Ealing, London, W5 5JN. Tel: (020) 8579 0863.
Weston's Organic on draught. Nice interior, garden, handy for Ealing Broadway station. However, plays constant music and has notices warning of bag thieves.
- The Kings Arms, Western Road, Ealing, London, W5 5DX. Tel: (020) 8567 0606.
- Cock and Hen, 360 North End Road, Fulham, London, SW6 1LY. Tel: (020) 7385 6021. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- White Horse, 1 - 3 Parson's Green, London, SW6 4UL. Tel: (020) 7736 2115.
Hampton Hill (OL)
- Nobel Green Wines (OL) High St, Hampton Hill.
Sells draught Thatchers Original cider dispensed into various size containers. Also has some bottled real ciders.
- Red Lion, Linkfield Road, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 6QJ. Tel: (020) 8560 1457.
Very nice pub with 1 - 3 varying real ciders usually available, (although recently tends towards a lot of Millwhites and novelty ciders) sometimes has a perry. Food (see website for times). Dog-friendly, quiz on Thursday evening.
Kingston on Thames
- Willoughby Arms, Willoughby Road, Kingston on Thames KT2 6LN. Tel: (020) 8546 4236.
Millwhites cider (at £3.60/pt April 10). Open all day at weekends. Comfy pub with bookcase. Pool table. No food.
- The Kings Tun 153-157 Clarence Street, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1QT
A J D Wetherspoon listed as it is a secret cider house. They appear not to have any real cider but if it is asked for, Old Rosie will be produced from a back room.
- The Teddington Arms, 38 High Street, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8EW. Tel: (020) 8973 1510.
- The Sussex Arms, 15 Staines Road, Twickenham, TW2 5BG.Tel: (020) 8894 7468.
- Real Ale Ltd OL, 371 Richmond Road, Twickenham, TW1 2EF. Tel: (020) 8892 3710.
A shop which stocks Norfolk cider (Whin Hill) and sometimes other quality cider and perry, in August featuring New Forest and Hampshire. Prices are high. In Dec 05 had New Forest Perry (actually from Forest of Dean).
- The Fox, 39 Church Street, Twickenham, TW1 3NR. Tel: (020) 8892 1535.
Thatchers Heritage Cider.
- The De Burgh Arms, Station Approach, High Street, West Drayton UB7 7DQ. Tel: (01895) 432823.
Adnams ale plus a real cider in August 2005.
- Dysart Arms, Petersham Road, Petersham, Richmond, TW10 7AA. Tel: (020) 8940 8005.
More like a restaurant with a bar tagged on than a pub, but it has bottled Addlestones Cloudy cider.
Pubs Delisted from the West London cider pub guide
- The Duke, Beaconsfield Road, Chiswick.
Delisted because it no longer serves any real cider (5/06).
- The Fox Green Lane, Hanwell, W7 2PJ.
Delisted because it no real cider any longer, only Thatchers Gold (except at beer festivals).
- The Lamb, Brighton Road, Surbiton.
- The Bloated Mallard, Teddington.
|London Cider Pub Guide index|
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|