Cider Pub Guide to Warwickshire
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Warwickshire. 18 entries so far...
- Fine Food Emporium, 10 High Street, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 5AD. Tel: (01789) 762998.
Deli with bottles of Hogans Cider and the new (and currently quite rare) Vintage Perry.
- The Three Tuns, 22 High Street, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 5AB. Tel: (01789) 762626.
Hogans Cider (bottles).
- The Holly Bush, Henley Street, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 5QX. Tel: (01789) 762482.
- The White Lion, Evesham Street, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 5DS. Tel: (01789) 400391.
Westons Old Rosie (H).
- The Angel, 24 Church Street, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1HA. Tel: (01827) 712663.
Two draught farmhouse ciders on handpump - Grays Farm and a Devon scrumpy on our visit.
- Dobbies Garden World, Nuneaton Road, Mancetter, Nr Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1RF. Tel: (01827) 715511.
Not a pub but the 'Field to Kitchen' food hall has the full range of 50cl bottled Sheppy's ciders (Dabinett, Kingston Black, Taylors Gold, Oakwood, Organic), plus some bottled Lyme Bay, and Benson's Cotswold cider. The nearby Countrywide Stores, Redgate, Watling Street, Nuneaton, CV10 0RY, has a good range of Westons (jars) and Thatchers (bottles) including Herefordshire Country Perry.
- The Castle Inn, Edgehill, Warwickshire, OX15 6DJ. Tel: (01295) 670255.
Entry in 'Engish Country Pubs'. Wonderful building owned by Hook Norton Brewery. Westons Old Rosie. Maltcote
- The Navigation, Old Warwick Road, Lapworth, near Solihull, B94 6NA. Tel: (01564) 783337.
Famous, historic canalside pub. (Very) busy locals' front bar, plus a more sedate bar at the back - partly but not exclusively a restaurant. Food is reasonably priced, nothing too adventurous but very nicely done. Cider varies, Westons Organic Vintage on handpump in May 2006. Reported to have a camping site.
- The Green Man, Church Road, Long Itchington, Warwickshire, CV47 9PW. Tel: 01926 812208.
- The George Hotel, Main Street, Warwickshire, OX15 5HN. Tel: (01608) 685223.
Shakespeare CAMRA POTY 2003. Large garden with Aunt Sally. Westons Old Rosie July/August/September. Maltcote
- Church End Brewery, Ridge Lane, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 0RD. Tel: (01827) 713080.
Church End's brewery tap. New industrial estate type building, but good atmosphere inside with amusing posters, and large grassy area with tables outside. Always a good cider which varies. In addition to a large range of Church End brews, there is a chiller cabinet well stocked with Belgian beers. Food not available Sundays but OK to bring your own.
- Holly Bush, Holly Bush Lane, Priors Marston, Warwickshire, CV47 7RW. Tel: (01327) 260934.
Westons (several) available. Good menu, including baguettes. Large rambling secluded pub; (access Holly Bush Lane either from Hellidon Road or School Lane). Winkleigh
- Merchant's Inn, Little Church Street, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 3AN. Tel: (01788) 571119.
- The Queens Head, Main Street, Sedgeberrow, Warwickshire, WR11 7UE. Tel: (01386) 881447.
Small village pub, excellent food, cider usually from Thatchers. Needs checking - now owned by Hook Norton. Maltcote
- The Black Horse, Station Road, Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire, CV36 4BT. Tel: (01608) 662732.
Excellent market town pub. Westons Old Rosie. Maltcote
- The Griffin Inn, Church End, Shustoke, Warwickshire, B46 2LB. Tel: (01675) 481205.
- The Old Thatch Tavern, 23 Greenhill St, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 6LE.
- The Golden Bee, 41-42 Sheep Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6EE. Tel: (01789) 203860.
- The Bell, 4 Alcester Road, Studley, Warwickshire, B80 7AR. Tel: (01527) 852216.
Good pub in England's largest village(?) Thatchers Dry. Maltcote
- The Winged Spur, Main Road, Ullenhall, Warwickshire, B95 5PA. Tel: (01564) 792005.
Village pub that's all things, locals pub, good eatery, garden, etc. Note: all drinks are pricey. Westons Old Rosie & Scrumpy on handpump, Westons Perry in jugs, sometimes others. Maltcote March 2007
- The Norman Knight, off Ascott Road, Whichford, Warwickshire, CV36 5PE. Tel: (01608) 684621 or (01608) 684866.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|