Cider Pub Guide to Surrey
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Surrey. 18 entries so far...
OL Abinger Hammer
- The Kingfisher Farm Shop, Felday Road, Abinger Hammer, Dorking, Surrey, RH5 6QX. Tel: (01306) 730703.
- The Crossways Inn, Churt, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 2JE. Tel: (01428) 714323.
In the village of Churt on the A287 between Farnham and Haslemere. Location Three ciders: Biddendens, Mr Whiteheads Heart of Hampshire and Cheddar Valley and Westons Country Perry. Excellent country pub, large garden, mainly music-free. On Haslemere - Farnham - Aldershot bus route (runs until mid-evening Mon - Sat) Timetable
- Clifton Arms, 110 Chaldon Road, Caterham, Surrey, CR3 5PH. Tel: (01883) 343525.
Location Westons Old Rosie kept in a wooden barrel on the bar. In danger of being closed - the owners have applied for planning consent to demolish the pub and build flats (04/08). On London bus routes 466 from Croydon & 404 from Coulsdon, & non-TfL Metrobus 409 Croydon - East Grinstead.
- The Plough, Coldharbour, Dorking, Surrey, RH5 6HD. Tel: (01306) 711793.
- Brickmakers Arms, Tandridge Lane, Crowhurst, Surrey, RH8 9NS. Tel: (01342) 892212.
- Sun Inn, The Common, Dunsfold, Surrey, GU8 4LE. Tel: (01483) 200242. Email: email@example.com
Located on the village green and serving Westons Scrumpy (05/11). There was a barrel hidden in a back room - there was no visible sign that it was available to be seen inside the pub, a small Westons' sticker (the kind that usually turn out to mean Stowford Press is stocked) in a corner of a window was the clue that led me to ask, and receive. Food.
- The William Cobbett, 4 Bridge Square, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7QR. Tel: (01252) 726281.
- The Bell, Bell Lane, Fetcham, Surrey, KT22 9ND. Tel: (01372) 372624.
- Stephen Langdon, Friday Street, Abinger Common, Surrey, RH5 6JR. Tel: (01306) 730775.
Westons Old Rosie. Food pub in a tiny hamlet by a tree-surounded pond, popular with hikers. Nice 3-mile walk from Dorking, at the end of London Bus route 465.
- The Star Inn 17 Church Street, Godalming, GU7 1EL. Tel: (01483) 417717.
Holmbury St. Mary
- The Kings Head, Holmbury St Mary, Dorking, Surrey, RH5 6NP. Tel: (01306) 730282.
Bus service to Guildford and Dorking - timetable.
Willoughby Arms - see entry under South-West London.
- Surrey Oaks, Parkgate Road, Newdigate, Surrey, RH5 5DZ. Tel: (01306) 631200.
Moles Black Rat cider, also Westons Perry. Also holds regular beerfests when they have a few ciders. The pub is in Parkgate, not in Newdigate itself. Location. Occasional bus, (also a demand-responsive bus but that is only available to local residents). (9/08)
- Good Intent, 62 The Street, Puttenham, Guildford, Surrey, GU3 1AR. Tel: (01483) 810387.
Location. No longer has Mr Whitehead's cider, but has Addlestones on draft or bottled Westons Organic. Would be an excellent pub if it had a real cider rather then these semi-real ones. Closed 15:00 - 18:00 Mon-Fri. Fish & chips on Wednesdays. X65 bus Guildford - Farnham - Winchester Mon - Sat daytime.Timetable. Get off on the A31 and walk downhill to the village.
- Station Hotel, South Station Approach, The Avenue, South Nutfield, Surrey, RH1 5RU. Tel: (01737) 823223.
(Station name is just 'Nutfield') The landlord is a cider enthusiast and stocks at least 2 real ciders and a perry, all from Westons. Offers food at more sensible prices than are often found in Surrey. Real fire in winter.
- The Barley Mow, 67 Watersplash Lane, Shepperton Green, Surrey, TW17 0EE. Tel: (01932) 225326.
Location. Tucked away down a side road. Mr Whiteheads' cider (usually Heart of Hampshire & Boxer Dog). Nice local pub, comfy seats, newspapers & bookshelf. Food. Dogs welcome. No under-21's. Bus 218 passes the end of Watersplash Ln until 1820 Mon-Sat Timetable 3/4 mile walk from Shepperton Station for trains or bus 555/7 timetable until late.
- Royal Oak, Caterfield Lane, Staffhurst Wood, Oxted, Surrey, RH8 0RR. Tel: (01883) 722207.
- Royal Oak, 89 Oak Hill, Wood Street Village, nr Guildford, Surrey, GU3 3DA. Tel: (01483) 235137.
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Guide to Surrey
- The Shepherd & Flock, Farnham, Surrey.
- The Jovial Sailor, Portsmouth Rd, Ripley, Surrey.
Delisted as no longer sells real cider.
- The Duke of Cambridge, Tilford, Surrey.
- The Plough, Walton on Thames, Surrey.
- The Old Crown, weybridge, Surrey.
Delisted as it has never stocked real cider, it's GCG listing was incorrect.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|