Cider Pub Guide to South London
|London Cider Pub Guide index|
18 Outlets listed in South London
- The Claret, 5a Bingham Corner, Lower Addiscombe Road, Addiscombe, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 7AA. Tel: (020) 8656 7452.
- Mango Landin’, 40 St. Matthew's Road, Brixton, London, SW2 1NL. Tel: (020) 7737 3044.
Oct 09 had two boxes of Hecks (one cider, one Perry) on the bar. More like a cocktail bar than pub, welcoming staff, but has a child friendly garden, it is a short bus ride up Brixton Hill, from Brixton.
- Burning Bread Cafe , 424 Coldharbour Lane, SW9 8LF.
5 different Ciders, veggie restaurant, serves simple but high quality cafe food and a selection of single-variety ciders, perries and apple juices (also mead). Apparantly Hecks. - reported Oct 2010 - apparantly closed Down late Oct 2010
- Hermit's Cave, 28 Camberwell Church Street, Camberwell, Greater London SE5 8QU. Tel: (020) 7703 3188.
Good local pub in the heart of Camberwell. Westons Old Rosie, Vintage Organic and Ice together with Thatchers Gold and Green Goblin ciders. Also Westons Country Perry and Thatchers Pear all on draught. Aspalls Peronelle's Blush and Westons Vintage Organic bottled ciders from the fridge.
- Catford Bridge Tavern, Station Approach, Catford Bridge, Catford, London, SE6 4RE. Tel: (020) 3066 2060.
- The Hope 48 West Street, Carshalton, SM5 2PR
Reported to have '3 real ciders'. Website.
- Mr Lawrence Wine Merchant, 391 Brockley Road, London, SE4 2PH. Tel: (020) 8692 1550.
Approx. 50 yards from Crofton Park Railway Station, Open: Midday until 9pm every day. Retails Normandy, Breton and English Ciders. They import a range of ciders from a small producer in Normandy. The range of English cider includes Pawley Farm Vintage and Spiced Ciders from Faversham, Kent, plus Westons. Also great range of Bottle beers and wines.
- The Grape @ Grain, 2 Anerley Hill, Crystal Palace, London, SE19 2AA. Tel: (020) 8778 8211.
- Hoopers Bar(OL), 28 Ivanhoe Road, East Dulwich, SE5 8DH. Tel: (020) 7733 4797.
Corner street Victorian pub, situated as they describe as where Camberwell meets East Dulwich and Peckham. Westons on draught from Box.
- Boss man Wines, 73 Lordship Lane, London. - Off Licence
Crones cider in Bottles, plus organic wines.
Forest Hill/Honor Oak Park
- The Honor Oak, 1 St. German's Road, Forest Hill, London, SE23 1RH. Tel (020) 8690 8606.
- The Capitol, 11 – 21 London Road, Forest Hill, London, SE23 3TW. Tel: (020) 8291 8920.
- The Coach And Horses, 13 Greenwich Market, Greenwich, London, SE10 9HZ. Tel: (020) 8293 0880.
- The Gate Clock, Cutty Sark Station, Creek Road, London, SE10 9RB. Tel: (020) 8269 2000.
This Greenwich Wetherspoon had two bag-in-box Westons (Old Rosie and Vintage, the latter nearly empty) plus bottled Sheppys Oakwood (1 litre flagon £3.19) and Thatchers Perry (750ml bottle £2.99) on 17/7/05.
- The Cutty Sark, 6 Ballast Quay, Greenwich, London, SE10 9PD. Tel: (020) 8858 3146.
Thames-side pub serving Addlestones. Cheap food.
- The Greenwich Union, 56 Royal Hill, Greenwich, SE10 8RT. Tel: (020) 8692 6258.
Located 0° 0' 36" West of the Greenwich Meridian. Sheppy's still cider is available on draught, although not immediately obvious from the bar, it's on the beer menu and there are a couple of sheppy's bottled ciders in the cool cabinet. The Greenwich Union is the only pub of Meantime, the Greenwich microbrewery is based in Charlton. The brewery is renowned for specialities such as its chocolate beer and range of classic European beers sold in Sainsbury's. Food is very good, though neither subtantial nor cheap.
- Orchard Press Cider Co, Greenwich, London.
Stall at Greenwich Market selling French and English bottled ciders.
- New Forest Cider, 8 Southwark Street, Borough Market, London, SE1 1TL.
Image. Barry Topp's excellent New Forest Cider to drink at the stall or take away, dry med and sweet plus hot mulled cider during winter months, Perry when available, and a wide range of bottles. Most weekends, Friday and Saturday. Near London Bridge Station. The stall has moved to a bigger shop in Borough Market. The new premises is on Rochester Walk next door to the Total Organics unit (less than 30 seconds walk from the old one). The mobile stall pictured above is no longer being used. New photo to follow.
- The Market Porter, 9 Stoney Street, Borough, London, SE1 9AA. Tel: (020) 7407 2495.
A well-known real ale pub beside Borough Market, now selling Westons Traditional Scrumpy on draught (as of July 05).
- The Royal Oak, 44, Tabard Street, Borough, London, SE1 4JU. Tel: (020) 7357 7173.
- The Brew Wharf, 1 Stoney Street, London, SE1 9AA. Tel: (020) 7378 6601.
- The Southwark Tavern, 22 Southwark Street, London Bridge, Southwark, London, SE1 1TU. Tel: (020) 7403 0257.
Corner pub with debtors' cells incorporated downstairs. Westons Organic Vintage on handpump and wasabi peas by the half pint.
- The Bridge House, 218 Tower Bridge Road, Southwark, London, SE1 2UP. Tel: (020) 7407 5818.
South East approach to the bridge. Aspalls (keg) cider on draught.
- The Pommellers Rest, Tower Bridge Road, Southwark, London, SE1 2UN. Tel: (020) 7378 1399.
About 50 yds sth of The Bridge House. Wetherspoon pub with the usual range.
- Woodies Freehouse. Thetford Road, New Malden, KT3 5DX
Usually has Thatchers Dry, but had Westons Scrumpy when visited on 1/1/13. A pub in a former sports pavilion at the end of a quiet suburban street with a patio overlooking the bowling green. Website. Food.
- The Sandrock Hotel, Upper Shirley Road, Shirley, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 5HA. Tel: (020) 8654 9742.
- Priory Arms, 83 Lansdowne Way, London, SW8 2PB. Tel: (020) 7622 1884.
- Grosvenor, 17 Sidney Road, Stockwell, London, SW9 0TP. Tel: (020) 7733 1799.
- Crown & Sceptre, 2 Streatham Hill, Streatham, Brixton, London, SW2 4AH. Tel: (020) 8671 0843.
- Cats Back, 86 - 88 Point Pleasant, Wandsworth, London, SW18 1NN. Tel: (020) 8877 0818.
Reported in Oct 09 to have Biddenden Bushels Cider on Draught.
- The Wandle, 332 Garrett Lane, Earlsfield SW18 4EJ
Weston’s Country Perry on handpump - reported July 2010.
- The Brewery Tap, 68 High Street, Wimbledon Village, London, SW19. Tel: (020) 8947 9331.
Aspall's cider. Open all day. Lunchtime food.
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Guide to South London
- Beer Circus, Croydon, Surrey.
Closed in Dec 07.
|London Cider Pub Guide index|
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|