Cider Pub Guide to Shropshire
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Shropshire. 18 outlets listed so far...
- Six Bells Inn, Nev Richards, Church Street, Bishop's Castle, Shropshire, SY9 5AA. Tel: (01588) 630144 (pub), (01588) 638930 (brewery).
- Three Tuns, Salop Street, Bishop's Castle, Shropshire, SY9 5BN. Tel: (01588) 638797.
Famous pub which has been brewing since 1642. Cider selection is a little less inspiring but bottled Westons is available.
- Cider House Wootton Green, Quatt, Shropshire. Tel: (01746) 780285.
5 Ciders on Draught, their own Special Cellar(Med Sweet 7.3%)and Dry 4.8%, aswell as Thatchers Gold, Westons Cidermakers Gold Label and Stowford Press. The Cider House only serves Cider and was very busy on the Saturday Lunchtime we visited in March 2013. .AD
- The Hare and Hounds, 8 Bernard Hill, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV15 5AX. Tel: (01746) 768819.
Mon-Friday 5-11pm Sat-Sun 12-11pm. Excellent friendly locals pub two minute walk away from Bridgnorth lowtown. Cider House selling the industrial ciders of Bulmers Special and Bulmers Traditional, also Gaymers pear and original on tap. Under new management Everyone welcome. sept 2009. Should probably be delisted.
- Railwaymans Arms, Platform 1, Severn Valley Station, Hollybush Road, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV16 4AX. Tel: (01746) 764361.
Westons cider on hand pump. March 2010.
- The Kremlin Inn , Clee Hill, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 3NB. Tel: (01584) 890950.
The only pub in Shropshire selling Rich's Devon cider! Good little pub right at the top of Clee Hill with panoramic views across several miles towards Ludlow and the Welsh mountains . Also you can watch peregrine falcons from the disused quarry nextdoor . Accommodation also available .March 2010
- The White Horse Inn, Jack Limond, The Square, Clun, Shropshire, SY7 8JA. Tel: (01588) 640305.
- The Swan Inn, Aston Munslow, Craven Arms, Shropshire, SY7 9ER. Tel: (01584) 841415.
- Coalbrookdale Inn 12 Wellington Road, Coalbrookdale, Shropshire, TF8 7DX. Tel: (01952) 433953.
- Ye Olde Robin Hood Inn, 33 Waterloo Street, Ironbridge, Telford, Shropshire, TF8 7HQ. Tel: (01952) 433100.
- Church Inn, The Buttercross, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1AW. Tel: (01584) 872174.
- Deli on the Square, 4 Church Street, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1AP. Tel: (01584) 877853.
Very typically Ludlow deli with a reasonably good selection of bottled ciders towards the back, a few of which can be ordered online.
- Ludlow Food Centre, Bromfield, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 2JR. Tel: (01584) 856000.
Located on A49 north of town, next to the Clive restaurant and opposite the turning to Bromfield. Sells a range of bottled ciders, including Robinson's. Staggeringly expensive food. (July 2009 - Doc Oakley)Now has a range of approx 25 bottled Ciders from local producers.March 2013 .AD
- The Admiral Benbow, 24 Swan Hill, Shropshire, SY1 1NF. Tel: (01743) 244423.
Excellent backstreet pub close to the town centre, and winner of West Midlands Cider Pub of the Year in 2007. Has up to 4 real ciders available and sometimes perry. Gwatkins available November 2006. Still available July 2011, Yarlington Mill,Foxwhelp and Farmhouse Perry.AD
- The Coach & Horses, Swan Hill, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1NF. Tel: (01743) 365661.
A few doors away from the Admiral Benbow (and with more generous opening hours). Thatchers Cheddar Valley.
- The Salopian, Smithfield Road, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1PW. Tel: (01743) 351505.
Comfortable, modern pub by the River Severn (though sadly with a main road in the way). Ten ciders - yes, really! - from a varied range of craft producers including the locally made Red Eye Cider, and at very reasonable prices too.
- Three Fishes, 4 Fish Street, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1UR. Tel: (01743) 344793.
- The Cock Hotel, 148 Holyhead Road, Wellington, Telford, Shropshire, TF1 2DL. Tel: (01952) 244954.
- The Haygate, 26 Haygate Road, Wellinton, Telford, Shropshire, TF1 1QA. Tel: (01952) 247333.
Up to 2 changing ciders or perry on hand pump plus Thatchers Gold keg. Food and traditional ales available with a good selection of bottled ciders. Live music every week & has 2 pool tables.
- The Dodington Lodge Hotel, Shropshire, SY13 1EN. Tel: (01948) 662539.
Serves Draft Westons Cider in the Public Bar, alternating between Old Rosie & Traditional Scrumpy. Also in Bottles Mahorall Farm Cider - Medium Sweet Carbonated. For those with no Taste Buds we also have one that is served over Ice and a Sweet & Dry "Plastic Cider" also on Draft. Though we are hoping to convert those Drinkers to the Real Stuff. We also serve food 7 Days a week, Bar Snacks, Pizza and Restaurant.
MAHORALL FARM CIDER's site http://www.farmcider.co.uk lists these outlets...
- The Nelson Inn - Ludlow Shropshire - 01584 872908
- The Crown Country Inn - Nr Craven Arms - 01584 841205
- The Discovery Centre - Craven Arms - 01588 676 050
- The Apple Tree - Onibury Nr Craven Arms - 01584 856633
- The New Roadhouse Bar - Birmingham - 0121 459 5660
- The Little Beer Shoppe - Ludlow - 01584 878999
- Hodge Hill Farm Shop - Kidderminster - 01562 822058
- The Sun Inn - Corfton - Nr Craven Arms - 01584 861239
Please note this list is not definitive and it is advisable to check availablity before visiting.
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Guide to Shropshire
- The Hollyhead Inn, Hollybush Road, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV16 4AX. Tel: (01746) 769111.
Delisted as there has been a change of landlord who no longer stocks any real cider. March 2010.
- The Castle, Highley, Shropshire. Tel: (01746) 861100.
Delisted as no real cider on at present. March 2010.
* The Horseshoe Inn, Bridges, Ratlinghope, Shropshire. Tel: (01588) 650260.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|