Cider Pub Guide to Scotland
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Scotland. 28 found so far...
- The Hunter's Moon, 3 The Belts, Auchleven, Insch, Aberdeenshire, AB52 6QB. Tel: (01464) 820380.
Thistly Cross Cider.
- West Kirk, 58A Sandgate, Ayr, South Ayrshire, KA7 1BX. Tel: (01292) 880416.
A JDW pub that usually has Westons Old Rosie (7.3) and a collection of other ciders taken from the cask in the fridge. It also does cask Perrys.
- The Blackfriars, 36 Bell Street, Merchant City, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G1 1LG. Tel: (0141) 552 5924.
Addleston cider. Set in the Merchant City area of Glasgow. Derives its name from a monastery which used to be in the area hundreds of years ago in which the monks wore a black habit, thus 'Black friars'
- The Clockwork Beer Co, 1153-1155 Cathcart Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G42 9HB. Tel: (0141) 649 0184.
- Crystal Palace, 36 Jamaica Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G1 4QD. Tel: (0141) 221 2624.
- Three Judges, Dumbarton Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G11 6PR. Tel: (0141) 337 3055.
- The Counting House, 2 St. Vincent's Place, George Square, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G1 2DH. Tel: (0141) 2250160.
- Hengler's Circus, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G2 3HU. Tel: (0141) 3319810.
- Pinxtos, 562 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G11 6RH. Tel: (0141) 334 8686.
Basque Tapas bar with Asturian cider. Report
- Regent Bar, 2 Montrose Terrace, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH7 5DL. Tel: (0131) 661 8198.
- The Barony, 81 - 85 Broughton Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3RJ. Tel: (0131) 558 2874.
Weston's on tap.
- The Cask and Barrel, 115 Broughton Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3RZ. Tel: (0131) 556 3132.
Loacted at the bottom of the hill.
- Cloisters, 26 Brougham Street, Tollcross, Edinburgh, EH3 9JH. Tel: (0131) 221 9997.
Occassional guest ciders on tap or by bottle. Open until 12am.
- Halfway House, 24 Fleshmarket Close, Edinburgh, EH1 1BX. Tel: (0131) 225 7101.
- Malt and Hops, 45 The Shore, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6QU. Tel: (0131) 555 0083.
- Maltings Ale House, 81 - 85 St Leonard's Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9QY. Tel: (0131) 667 5946.
Single room pub, sometimes has cask cider.
- The Standing Order, 62 - 66 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2LR. Tel: (0131) 225 4460.
A huge Wetherspoon's pub in what was once the headquarters of the Bank of Scotland. Old Rosie, Sheppy's cider flagons, Weston's Premium Organic bottles. Mon-Sat: 9.00am to 1.00am, Sunday: 10.00am to 1.00am
- The Southsider, 3 - 7 West Richmond Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9EF. Tel: (0131) 667 2003.
Fairly nice pub that usually has Addlestone's cloudy cider.
Highlands & Islands
Isle of Bute
- Old Russia Tavern, 37 Marine Road, Port Bannatyne, Isle of Bute, PA20 0LW. Tel: (01700) 505073.
2 star restaurant with rooms. Voted CAMRA Pub of the Year SW Scotland, Les Routiers Pub of the Year for Scotland and Les Routiers overall National British Pub of the Year.
The Highlands & Islands CAMRA website lists the following:
- Blackfriars, 93 - 95 Academy Street, Inverness, Inverness Shire, IV1 1LU. Tel: (01463) 233881.
- King's Highway, 72 - 74 Church Street, Inverness, Inverness Shire, IV1 1EN. Tel: (01463) 251830.
- The Alexander Bain, Market Place, Wick, Caithness, KW1 4LP. Tel: (01955) 609920.
- The Eagle - Inn on the Loch, Spean Bridge, Laggan Locks, South Laggan, Inverness Shire, PH34 9EA.
A large cargo vessel, converted into a floating pub, moored next to Laggan Locks serving Thatchers Original.
- The Struy Inn, Struy, Inverness-shire, IV4 7JS. Tel: (01463) 761308.
Thistly Cross Cider.
- The Anderson, Union Street, Fortrose, Ross Shire, IV10 8TD. Tel: (01381) 620236.
Thatchers Heritage Cider on handpump.
- Stronlossit Inn, Roybridge, Ross Shire, PH31 4AG. Tel: (01397) 712808.
Thatchers Cider is regularly available.
- The Scourie Hotel, Scourie, Sutherland, IV27 4SX. Tel: (01971) 502396.
- Glen Hotel, Main street, Newtonmore, Inverness Shire, PH20 1DD. Tel: (01540) 673203.
- The Benleva Hotel, Drumnadrochit, Inverness Shire, IV63 6UH. Tel: (01456) 450080.
- Bandstand Bar, Braeval Hotel, Nairn, Nairnshire, IV12 4NB. Tel: (01667) 452341.
- Strathcarron Hotel, Stratchcarron, Ross-shire, IV54 8YR. Tel: (01520) 722227.
Thatchers Heritage Cider on one of the two handpumps, but not a regular.
- Badachro Inn, Badachro, Gairloch, Ross-shire, IV21 2AA. Tel: (01445) 741255. Email: email@example.com
- Kinnlochewe Hotel, Kinlochewe, by Achnasheen, Wester Ross, IV22 2PA. Tel: (01445) 760253. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Torridon, By Achnasheen, Wester Ross, IV22 2EY. Tel: (01445) 791242.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|