Cider Pub Guide to Nottinghamshire
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Nottinghamshire. 25 entries so far...
- Malt Shovel, 1 Union Street, Beeston, Nottinghamshire. Tel: (0115) 9222320.
- Victoria Hotel, 85 Dovecote Lane, Beeston, Nottinghamshire, NG9 1JG. Tel: (0115) 9254049.
Another Castle Rock pub. Right next to Beeston railway station, across the footbridge. The complete town boozer. Usually two ciders/perries, (Thatchers Farmers Tipple and Wilkins Perry 5/5/07). The range has improved and now usually includes a cider or perry from a smaller producer, phone to check if you're choosey. Excellent food in bar or separate dining area.
- Marquis of Granby, Dragon Street, Granby, Vale of Belvoir, Nottinghamshire, NG13 9PN. Tel: (01949) 850461.
- The Bold Forester, Botany Avenue, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5NG. Tel: (01623) 623970.
Situated on corner of A38 Sutton Road and Botany Avenue. About half a mile from Mansfield's main bus station and 'Robin Hood Line' railway station, on edge of town centre. Currently serving Old Rosie and Mole's Black Rat (Nov. 05). Range of Real Ales (8-10) always on tap; regular beer festivals; range of food available.
- The Fox and Crown, 4 Appletongate, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 1JY. Tel: (01636) 605820.
In the town centre just behind the church. Another Castle Rock pub that serves real cider and perry. Range varies (Biddendens, Westons, etc.) - check what's on offer. Good range of real ales and good food. Update: Definitely phone before visiting if it's out of your way - on our visit on 9/07/05 Stowford Press was the only thing on offer.
- Vine Hotel, 117 Barnbygate, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 1QZ. Tel: (01636) 704333.
- The Globe, 152 London Road, Nottingham, NG2 3BQ. Tel: (0115) 986 6881.
Jollydale in March 2011.
- Bunkers Hill Inn, 36 - 38 Hockley, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 1FP. Tel: (0115) 910 0114.
Grand town pub. Cider range varies, look for the polybarrel behind the bar.
- The Company Inn, Castle Wharf, Canal Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 7EH. Tel: (0115) 934 9020.
- Langtry's, 4 South Sherwood Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 4BY. Tel: (0115) 947 2124.
Very popular, busy, city centre pub directly opposite The Royal Centre and Theatre Royal, and next to the Corner House complex. Weston's Old Rosie on hand pump, plus good range of real ales. Have been known to host a cider fest (two that we know of...!)
- The Hand and Heart, 65 – 67 Derby Road, Nottingham, NG1 5BA. Tel: (0115) 958 2456.
- The Lincolnshire Poacher, 161 Mansfield Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 3FW. Tel: (0115) 941 1584.
- The Newshouse, 123 Canal Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 7HB. Tel: (0115) 950 2419.
- The Moot, 27C Carlton Road, Sneinton, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG3 2DG. Tel: (0115) 950 4170.
- The Roebuck Inn, 9 - 11 St. James Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 6FH. Tel: (0115) 979 3400.
- Ye Olde Salutation Inn, Maid Marrion Way, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 6AJ. Tel: (0115) 988 1948.
- Vat & Fiddle, Queens Bridge Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 1NB. Tel: (0115) 985 0611.
OS Landranger sheet 129/573392. Friendly Castle Rock (always recommended) pub just off the town centre, near the Railway Station and Tram terminus - exit railway station, cross main road and turn left; pub is on right in 150yds, past NCP car park. Varies - usually Westons products, ie. First Quality, GWR or Old Rosie; (also Stowford Press permanently). Good pub grub. Excellent real ales from the "Castle Rock Brewery". Watch out for football 'supporters' when either Notts County or Forest are playing at home on Saturday afternoons...
- Wetherspoons, 11 - 12 South Parade, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 2JS. Tel: (0115) 947 5034.
- Fox & Crown, 33 Church Street, Basford, Nottinghamshire, NG6 0GA. Tel: (0115) 942 2002.
- Lion Inn, 44 Mosley Street, New Basford, Nottinghamshire, NG7 7FQ. Tel: (0115) 970 3506.
Excellent, hop-strewn ale house with a wide range of ales, opposite Shipstone Street tram stop. Part of The Pub People Co chain of pubs. Following a succesful festival in 2008 the range of ciders has now been greatly expanded. On a recent visit the range was Biddenden Dry, Broadoak Kingston Black, Moonshine and Perry, Westons Old Rosie and Scrumpy (3/12/08).
- Plough Inn, 17 St. Peters Street, Radford, Nottinghamshire, NG7 3EN. Tel: (0115) 970 2615.
Home to the Nottingham Brewery. Website claims 'Guest ciders from small independant producers'
- Horse & Jockey, Church Lane, Selston, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6FB. Tel: (01773) 781012.
At the junction with Station Road / Commonside / Church Lane, between Pinxton and Selston.
OS Landranger sheet 120/463540
Wonderful old (1664) country pub, 14th oldest in the country. Peaceful, friendly, open fires, no jukebox. Westons Old Rosie always available (varies cloudy/clear). Real ale haven too (5-8 ales), Abbot + one other served from the jug. Also currently Black Rat and medium & dry Torkard from Hucknall.
- The Bramley Apple, 51 Church Street, Southwell, Nottinghamshire, NG25 0HQ. Tel: (01636) 813675.
Reported to stock real cider but not had chance to check it out yet.
Sutton in Ashfield
- The Picture House, Fox Street, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 1DA. Tel: (01623) 554627.
Wetherspoon's house that stocks usual range, but I'm reliably informed has currently got 5 real ciders available... Will confirm when I get chance to check it out.
- Teversal Grange, Carnarvon Street, Teversal, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 3HJ. Tel: (01623) 441017.
Off the B6014 (Fackley Road)between Stanton Hill and Tibshelf. Very popular eating house which is trying to get noticed as a real ale / real cider outlet. Weston's Traditional Scrumpy and Mole's Black Rat available from polycasks on the bar. Teversal Trail is on the pub's doorstep and Hardwick Hall is close by. Half a mile from the Caravan & Camping Club's Teversal site.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|
|Cider Pub Guide index|
Beds Bucks & Herts, Berkshire, Bristol, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Kent, Lake District, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, London, Manchester, Merseyside, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Tyne and Wear, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Wiltshire, Worcester, Yorkshire * North Wales, Mid Wales, West Wales, South Wales * Scotland * N Ireland * Channel Islands