Cider Pub Guide to Norfolk
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Norfolk. 16 entries so far.
- Banham Barrel, The Appleyard, Kenninghall Road, Banham, Norfolk, NR16 2HB. Tel: (01953) 888593.
Not that easy to find... easiest way is to follow the signs for the zoo - the Barrel is across the road. They have their own range on draught (Jonty's Early Night, sweet/dry/medium and Rum Old Night, sweet/dry/medium) which is also available in carry-outs. Also Crones cider.
The Barrel was Runner-Up in CAMRA's Cider Pub of the Year in 2006, was Winner of CAMRA's East Anglian Cider Pub of the Year in 2007, and gained 2nd place in CAMRA's Cider and Perry Competition in 2006. Jonty's Cider is usually to be found at the Norwich Beer Festival.
- The Locks Inn, Locks Lane, Geldeston, Norfolk, NR34 0HW. Tel: (01508) 518414.
- The Oliver Twist, 62/63 North Market Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 2DX. Tel: 07919 866072.
- Rumbold Arms, 107 Southtown Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0JX. Tel: (01493) 653887.
- The White Lion 73 Oak street Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 3AQ. Tel: (01603) 632333.
Cider pub of the year 2012. 10+ real ciders and Perries from Norfolk and all over the country. Cider list [ http://www.individualpubs.co.uk/whitelion/drinks.html here].
- The Coach and Horses, 82 Thorpe Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1BA. Tel: (01603) 477077.
Kingfisher cider (Norfolk Cider Co). Food (menu & prices on website). Under 5 mins walk from the station. Location.
- The Fat Cat, 49 West End Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 4NA. Tel: (01603) 624364.
- The Cider Shed, 98-100 Lawson Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 4LF. Tel: (01603) 413153.
Landlord Ryan Burnard is a cidermaker and sells his own products here, including two ciders and a perry.
- Take 5 Cafe Bar, 18 Tombland, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 1HF. Tel: (01603) 763099.
- Trafford Arms, Grove Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3RL. Tel: (01603) 767873.
Very good local pub with a wide range of real ales, but more importantly it sold Kingfisher cider (Norfolk Cider Co) on the day of my visit. CiderMike 09:49, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- Kings Head, 42 Magdalen Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 1JE. Tel: (01603) 767094.
Kingfisher cider (Norfolk Cider Co) Dry. CiderMike 09:49, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- The Green Man, 29 Bedford Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1AG. Tel: (01603) 627686.
The entire range of Aspalls, often others as well. Aspall's Cyder is not considered real, socan anyone confirm what the "others" are?
- The White Hart Inn, White Hart Street, Foulden, Nr. Swaffham, Norfolk, IP26 5AW. Tel: (01366) 328638. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
A lovely 19th century country pub with beer garden, Guest accommodation, good food and stocking Real Ales and Ciders. We are not easy to find but well worth the visit you will find real ales and ciders, real food and real welcome. Good Pub Atmosphere, Poker, Darts & Dominoes. The only real cider on offer is Westons Old Rosie.
Thornham, North Norfolk
- The Lifeboat Inn, Ship Lane, Thornham, Norfolk, PE36 6LT. Tel: (01485) 512236. Email:email@example.com
Location: OS Landranger Sheet 132/729434. 'Olde Worlde' coastal 'pub' which has grown into a hotel. A bit of a 'foody' place with the accent on up-market-priced accomodation but there's always a real cider on tap, most commonly Weston's Old Rosie, which they keep very well and Aspall's on draught. Good range of real ales, excellent food (but expensive..?). Garden and outside seating. Close-ish to shore, good base for walking along coast path. Very busy at bank holidays and summer weekends.
- The Three Horseshoes Bridge Street, Warham, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1NL. Tel: (01328) 710547.
Location: OS Landranger Sheet 132/948417. Old 18th century traditional pub, gas lighting, stone floors, scrubbed wooden tables, etc. Whin Hill cider available in the 'tourist' season i.e. Easter to September, but phone first to check! Also real ales gravity served via tap & spile and good food. CAMRA award-winning pub, Norfolk CAMRA 'Pub of the Year' on more than one occasion. Very busy at meal times in holiday season; outside seating and 'beer' garden available. B&B also available at The Old Post Office next door.
- The Victoria, Park Road, Holkham, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1RG. Tel: (01328) 711008, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Victoria, at Holkham bay approx 3 miles from Wells has Aspalls and or Crones on tap. Mostly a foodie place at the upper end of the price scale, but friendly staff and traditional charm.
- Whin Hill Cider, The Stables, Stearman's Yard, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk, NR23 1BW. Tel: (01328) 711033 or 0776 957 1423. Email: email@example.com
In the main sea-front car park opposite the public toilets, not far from the quay. Main retail outlet and production facilities for their own range of ciders, perries and apple juice, bottled and draught. Not a pub as such but it does have a licence so you can sit and enjoy a glass or three... Open 10:30am to 5:30pm from Easter weekend (usually starting on the Saturday) until October, weekends and Bank Holidays only, and 7 days a week in the peak season through July and August. Outside these times if you phone/email ahead, they can arrange for you to collect.
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Guide to Norfolk
- St. Andrew's Tavern, St. Andrews Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 4AF. Tel: (01603) 614858.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|