Cider Pub Guide to Leicestershire and Rutland
This is a list of pubs in Leicestershire and Rutland that offer a traditional Real Cider and/or perry. Outlets for real cider come and go, so if travelling it may be advisable to ring ahead and check these details are correct. After your visit, do please report back any updates to the information presented here by editing the page yourself using the Edit tab at the top.
44 entries so far...
Cider Pubs in Leicestershire
- Plough Inn, The Green, Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire, LE65 1JU. Tel: (01530) 412817.
- The Monkey Walk, 1 Marlborough Square, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3WD. Tel: (01530) 278950.
- Heathcote Arms, Hill Street, Croft, Leicestershire, LE9 6EG. Tel: (01455) 282439.
- Bridge 61, Bottom Lock, Foxton, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7RA. Tel: (0116) 2792285.
Canalside pub, with two cosy rooms heated in Winter by wood fire in original canalside buildings, and outside area for use in good weather. A wealth of historical canal photos and artefacts around the pub. Alcohol served at one hatch, teas & coffees etc at adjacent hatch. Westons Old Rosie available from the box, plus Cask Marque accredited ales. Do not confuse with nearby Foxton Locks Inn, just a stones-throw away. If travelling by car, be prepared to pay at either of the two car parks serving this popular tourist attraction.
The Old Barn Inn, Main Street, Glooston, Nr. Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7ST. Tel: (01858) 545215. Jollydale Cyder.
- The Bewicke Arms, 1 Eastgate, Hallaton, Leicestershire, LE16 8UB. Tel: (01858) 555217.
Licensee moved (June 2009) from Fox & Hounds at nearby Tugby (Awaiting update info.) Weston's Old Rosie on draught, with good range of beers, and excellent menu, plus midweek pensioners' lunches at £3.95 main course. Tea Rooms just across the yard from pub. Village hosts the annual "Bottle Kicking" contest with Medbourne on Easter Monday.
- The Baron of Hinckley, 5 - 7 Regent Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 0AZ. Tel: (01455) 890169.
- Wharf Inn, Coventry Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 0NQ. Tel: (01455) 615830.
- Red Lion, 24 High Street, Kegworth, Leicestershire, DE74 2DA. Tel (01509) 672466.
- Ale Wagon, 27 Rutland Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 1RE. Tel: (0116) 2623330.
Ultra traditional ale house, close to the rail station. Broadoak Bristol Port and Broadoak Perry on handpull, with Thatchers Katy, Thatchers Oak Matured, Thatchers Pear (PERRY), Thatchers Cox, Thatchers Dabinett, and Westons Old Rosie in bottles. 25/05/11 CiderMike 15:18, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- Black Horse, 1 Foxon Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 5LT. Tel: (0116) 2540030.
- Criterion, 44 Millstone Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 5JN. Tel: (0116) 2625418.
2 cider handpumps, Thatchers and usually a Westons perry or cider but regularly replaced by guest ciders usually supplied by West Country wholesaler Merrylegs. Bag-in-box Westons cider usually available from the front bar fridge along with bottled Thatchers single variety ciders and perry and organic Dunkertons Black Fox cider. Hosts a succesful Cider & Cheese festival in the summer (16th - 19th July 2009). Different ciders in each bar and the front bar is often closed for gigs, check the blackboard or ask at either bar. Hayes Farm, Perrys, and Hunts have featured recently (15/03/08). Rockingham Forest Cider is an occasional guest. UPDATE: Above bottles, and Weston's Country Perry & Westcroft Cider on handpull at £3 per pint. 25/05/11 CiderMike 14:01, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- Flores, 16 King Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 6RJ. Tel: (0116) 254 8228. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Leicester Gateway, 52 Gateway Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE2 7DT. Tel: (0116) 2557319.
Recently taken over by Bells Brewery. Not known if a real cider is now being sold (02/03/09).
- The Highcross, Highcross Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 4JB. Tel: (0116) 251 9218.
- The Offie, 142 Clarendon Park Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE2 3AE. Tel: (01509) 413970 (day), (0116) 2701553 (evening) or 07955 402187 (mobile). E-mail email@example.com.
Award-winning off licence specialising in bottled beers from around the world. The bottled cider/perry range is much improved and now includes: Aspalls, Crones, Dunkertons, Gwatkin, Ross-on-Wye, Perrys, Thatchers, Westons, plus a cider and perry from Normandy. Online sales and UK delivery are available.
- Swan & Rushes, Infirmary Square/Oxford Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 5WR. Tel: (0116) 2339167.
Cider & Cheese Festival Up to three guest ciders/perry. The barrels are kept in the cellar so check the blackboard or ask if it's not obvious what's on (Thatchers and Hecks ciders 7/7/08). Cider & Cheese festival August Bank Holiday 2008.
- Vin IV, 24 King Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 6RL. Tel: Daksha on 07976222378 or Paul 07974932186.
Guest draught ciders, served from chiller cabinet, plus a range of bottled ciders. Thatchers Draught, and Cheddar Valley on 8/11/08. Following stronger sales recently, looking to introduce a more interesting range of ciders.
- The Western, 70 Western Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 0GA. Tel: (0116) 2545 287. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steamin Billy ale house, with a good range of beers, and bottled Sheppy's ciders, including the Dabinett which is re-badged as Steamin' Billy Country Cider. Draught Aspalls Suffolk Cyder. Good value stonebaked pizzas. Close to the Demontfort University, and not too far from the football and rugby grounds. Lovely open fire in the Winter.
- The Moon & Bell, 6 Wards End, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3HA. Tel: (01509) 241504.
Wetherspoon with Westons Old Rosie on handpump (Gwynt-Y-Ddraig Black Dragon Cider as a guest on 06/03/09). Moon and Bell Cider Festival 2010 - Weekend of 14th 16th October - 15 different traditional ciders and perrys.
- The Paget, 41 Oxford Street, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 5DP. Tel: (01509) 266216. Email: email@example.com
Recently re-furbished, and now a Steamin' Billy ale house. Sheppy's bottled ciders, including the Dabinett which is re-badged as Steamin' Billy Country Cider. A draught guest cider/perry is now available (Olivers Oldfield Perry 06/03/09).
- Swan in the Rushes, 21 The Rushes, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 5BE. Tel: (01509) 217014.
Very busy two-bar Castle Rock pub just a short distance south of the canal basin. Cider varies: Westons Herefordshire Perry and Thatchers Dry in April 2007; Broadoak Kingston Black on 16/2/08. Pub meals may look unadventurous but are very well executed indeed, particularly the burgers. Friendly, if slightly harassed, service!
- Tap & Mallet, 36 Nottingham Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 1EU. Tel: (01509) 210028.
- Farndon Fields Farm Shop, Farndon Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 9NP. Tel: (01858) 464838.
- Duncan Murray Wines, 10 Adam & Eve Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7LT. Tel: (01858) 464935.
Independent wine merchants with a good range of bottled beers, plus a small range of bottled ciders including Biddenden Dry, Med and Sweet, Dunkertons Black Fox, Crones, a French Cidre, and Thatchers Perry and Wurzel Me Cider.
- Brockleby's Farm Shop, Melton Road, Asfordby Hill, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 3QU. Tel: (01664) 813200.
Norbury's Black Bull Cider, sparkling in bottles (Med/Dry & Med/Sweet), and still in half gallon plastic flagons (Med/Dry). Norbury Perry in bottles. Also bottled Roundhead Cider from Leicestershire's Welland Valley Vineyard when available.
- Harboro Hotel, 47 Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1AF. Tel: (01664) 560121.
Market town hotel. The bar has plush leather sofas, a good range of real ales, and some continental bottled beers. There are usually at least two draught ciders on handpump, plus a range of Sheppys ciders in 50cl bottles. (Thatchers Heritage, Black Rat, and Broadoak Moonshine on 25/01/08)
- Kettleby Cross, Wilton Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 0UJ. Tel: (01664) 485310.
New build 'Eco-friendly' Wetherspoon, situated just off the town centre. Aims to use 50% less energy than similar sized pubs through use of a range of 'Green' initiatives. Westons Old Rosie from bag-in-box in the chiller cabinet.
- Melton Cheeseboard, 8 Windsor Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1BU. Tel: (01664) 562257.
Cheese and dairy products, specialising in Stiltons from Long Clawson Dairy. Bottles of The Orchard Pig Dry & Medium cider are also available.
- Melton Wines, 5 Bell Centre, Nottingham Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE13 1PJ. Tel: (01664) 410114.
- Cow & Plough, Stoughton Farm Park, Gartree Road, Oadby, Leicestershire, LE2 2FB. Tel: (0116) 2720852.
- The Lord Keeper of the Great Seal, 96 - 100 The Parade, Oadby, Leicestershire, LE2 5BF. Tel: (0116) 2720957.
- Chandlers Arms, Fenny Lane, Shearsby, Lutterworth, Leicestershire, LE17 6PL. Tel: (0116) 2478384.
Rural village local, revitalised by a recent change of ownership. Leicester CAMRA Country Pub of the Year 2009. Much improved range of real ales and Westons Traditional Scrumpy plus Mole's Black Rat Cider (made by Thatchers!).
- Stilton Cheese Inn, High Street, Somerby, Leicestershire, LE14 2QB. Tel: (01664) 454394.
Good range of real ale plus a guest cider on handpump. This has included Whin Hill, Thatchers Cheddar Valley, and Westons Old Rosie, and the industrial Saxon on a recent visit. Had been planning to have cider from the local Somerby Cider Co, but only a weak Westons on draught. May 2009.
- Red Lion, Red Lion Street, Stathern, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 4HS. Tel: (01949) 860 868. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Award winning country pub, part of the Olive Inns micro-chain of gastro pubs (See also the Olive Branch, Clipsham). A range of bottled Sheppys ciders are available, including the Oakwood, Dabinett and Cider with Honey.
- Black Horse, Lutterworth Road, Walcote, Leicestershire, LE17 4JU. Tel: (01455) 552684.
Recently rebuilt freehouse, well known for its Thai food (Friday lunchtime and evenings only, other times regular menu) and wide range of real ales. Westons Old Rosie and Herefordshire Country Perry from bag-in-box (3/07/07). Closed in the beginning of 2009 *** - Now reopen.
- The William Wygston, 84 Leicester Road, Wigston, Leicestershire, LE18 1DR. Tel: (0116) 2888397.
- The Berkeley Arms, 59 Main Street, Wymondham, Leicestershire, LE14 2AG. Tel: (01572) 787587. Email: email@example.com
Cider Pubs in Rutland
- Old Plough Inn, 2 Church Street, Braunston-in-Rutland, Leicestershire, LE15 8QY. Tel: (01572) 722714.
Friendly pub with garden area, Sheppys in bottles.
- Olive Branch, Main Street, Clipsham, Rutland, LE15 7SH. Tel: (01780) 410355. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Award winning country pub, part of the Olive Inns micro-chain of gastro pubs (See also the Red Lion, Stathern). A range of bottled Sheppys ciders are available all year round, also draught Thatchers during the summer.
- Plough, 23 Main Street, Greetham, Rutland, LE15 7NJ. Tel: (01572) 813613.
- The Horse & Jockey, St. Marys Road, Manton, Rutland, LE15 8SU. Tel: (01572) 737335. Email: email@example.com
- Grainstore, Station Approach, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RE. Tel: (01572) 770065.
- Crown Hotel, 15 High Street East, Uppingham, Rutland, LE15 9PY. Tel: (01572) 822302.
Smart market town hotel with a comfortable bar and small outside drinking area. Everards Brewery beers plus guest beers, and has recently added Westons Old Rosie cider on handpump. Two annual beer festivals (St Georges Day and Oktoberfest) feature several draught ciders.
- Kings Arms, Top Street, Wing, Rutland, LE15 8SE. Tel: (01572) 737255.
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Guide to Leicestershire and Rutland
- Jolly Sailor, Main Street, Hemington, Leicestershire, DE74 2RB. Tel: (01332) 810448.
Only stocks Stowford Press and is a Greene King house.
- Berkeley Arms, 59 Main Street, Wymondham, Leicestershire, LE14 2AG. Tel: (01572) 787587.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|