Cider Pub Guide to East London
|London Cider Pub Guide index|
18 pubs listed in East London so far...
- The Miller's Well, 419 - 421 Barking Road, East Ham, London, E6 2JX. Tel: (020) 8471 8404.
- The Hudson Bay, 1 - 5 Upton Lane, Forest Gate, London, E7 9PA. Tel: (020) 8471 7702.
A smaller Wetherspoon
- The Golden Grove, 146 - 148 The Grove, Stratford, London, E15 1NS. Tel: (020) 8519 0750.
A large Wetherspoon opposite Morrisons.
- The King Edward, 47 Broadway, Stratford, London, E15 4BQ. Tel: (020) 8534 2313.
- The Commercial Tavern, 142 - 144 Commercial Street, London, E1 6NU. Tel: (020) 7247 1888.
Vicky says they have Old Rosie on draft. I can confirm this (£2.90 a pint) and it's also true about the cabbages. They feature english wine too. Funny place, not unpleasant. It's a kind of cheap makover of a traditional pub to turn it into something for the arty crowd. There's a good review here on fancy a pint --Andy 21:57, 6 November 2005 (GMT)
- The Crown, 223 Grove Road, Victoria Park, Bow, London, E3 5SN. Tel: (020) 8981 9998.
- The Fleapit, 49 Columbia Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 7RG. Tel: (020) 7033 9986.
Image. An "organic licensed lounge" which sells organic, vegetarian food all day and Westons organic cider. Free broadband WiFi hotspot also available and the nearby Columbia Road flower market is on Sundays, 8 - 2.00pm The Fleapit has a large back room used for film nights and music events (often quite left field -- it hosts regular improv, experimental & electronic nigts etc). It is also available for private hire.
- The Gun, 27 Coldharbour, Docklands, London, E14 9NS. Tel: (020) 7515 5222.
The owner tried out some draught perries from the three counties over the summer of 2005. Several varieties were dispensed via bag-in-box. The same applied to his other pubs, The Well and the White Swan - see relevant listing.
- The White Hart, 1 - 3 Mile End Rd, Whitechapel, London. Tel: (020) 77890 2894.
Aspalls on tap.
- Pembury Arms, 90 Amhurst Road, Hackney, London, E8 1JH. Tel: (020) 8986 8597.
Always has a real cider on, most recently mostly by Millwhites. Since opening they've sold cider from Ben Crossman, Border Orchards, Broadoak, Brook Farm, Butford Organics, Cassels, Chant, Checkley Brook, CJ's, Dan Y Graig, Ermie & Gertie's, Govier, Grays, Green Valley Cyder, Grey's, Gwatkin, Gwynt Y Ddraig, Hartlands, Hecks, Hunt, Lyne Down, Malvern Magic, McCrindles, Meare, Moles, Naish, New Forest, Newton Court, Oliver's, Orchard's, Parsons Choice, Rathays, Reddaway, Rich's Farmhouse Cider, Rosies, Ross on Wye, Sarah's Cider, Seidr O Sir, Severn Sider Cider, Solway, Troggi, Westcroft, Westons, Wilkins, Wiscombe, W.M. Watkins, Woodman and others which are listed here. Free wifi and boardgames, Full details on the website.
- Dove Free House, 24 - 28 Broadway Market, Hackney, London, E8 4QJ. Tel: (020) 7275 7617.
Near London Fields Rail Station, Sells Once Upon a Tree Cider.
- The Great Spoon of Ilford, 114 – 116 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 4LZ. Tel: (020) 8518 0535.
- The George, High Street, Wanstead, London, E11 2. Tel: (020) 8989 2921.
- The George, 70 High Road, South Woodford, London, E18 2QL. Tel: (020) 8532 2441.
Serves bottles of Westons Organic.
- Cuckfields, 31 High Street, Wanstead, London, E11 2AA. Tel: (020) 8532 2431.
- The Plough Inn, 173 Wood Street, Walthamstow, London, E17 3NU. Tel: (020) 8503 7419. Email: email@example.com
Image. The landlord has had requests for bottled cider and perry from the Folk Club which meets there on Sunday Evenings, so Dunkertons Premium Organic, Black Fox, and the Sparkling Organic Perry are now available.
- Ye Olde Rose And Crown, 53 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, London, E17 4SA.
- The Drum, 557 - 559 Lea Bridge Road, Leytonstone, London, E10 7EQ. Tel: (020) 8539 9845.
|London Cider Pub Guide index|
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|