Cider Pub Guide to Cornwall
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. 23 entries so far...
- Hole In The Wall, Crockwell Street, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2DS. Tel: (01208) 72397.
Sells Weston's Old Rosie. Nice enough place, but beware of jobsworth (..although very good looking) barmaid who asked me for ID... despite me being 33 and looking 63! CiderMike 12:23, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- Shiners, 19 Honey Street Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2DL. Tel: (01208) 7xxxx.
- Chapel an Gansblydhen, Fore Street, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2HR. Tel: (01208) 261730.
- Ye Olde Plough House Inn, Duloe, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 4PN. Tel: (01503) 262050, Fax: (01503) 264089. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Front, Custom House Quay, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3JT. Tel: (01326) 212168.
Cornish Orchards Farmhouse (4.8%), and Cornish Orchards Pear (7.2%), as well as Weston's Traditional Scrumpy (6%) and locally produced Skreach Cider (6.5%) on 26th April 2012. CiderMike 15:47, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- The Grapes Inn, 64 Church Street, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3DS. Tel: (01326) 314704.
- Harbour View Restaurant, 24 Arwenack Street, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3JB. Tel: (01326) 315315.
- The Seven Stars, 1 The Moor, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3QA. Tel: (01326) 312111.
Skreach Medium Cider (6.5%) at £3.30 a pint.
- The Lizard Cider Barn, Predannack, The Lizard, Helston, Cornwall, TR12 7AU. Tel: (01326) 241481.
Cidermaking display and visitor shop selling their own Porthallow's Cornish Blacksmiths cider (and beer), Cornish Cyder Company, Cornish Orchards and others. Tasting and off sales. location photo 1 photo 2 photo 3
- The Ship Inn, Lerryn, nr. Lostwithiel, PL22 0PT. Tel: (01208) 872374. Email: email@example.com
- Red Lion Inn, Quay Cottage, North Quay Hill, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 1HE. Tel: (01637) 872195.
- The Towan Blystra, 12 - 16 Cliff Road, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 1SG. Tel: (01637) 852970.
(There seem to be heated feelings locally over whether this location is properly called Rock or Splatt. The Post Office call it Rock, the Ordnance Survey call it Splatt). There are two cider-stocking off-licences within 200m of each other.
- Di's Dairy Rock Rd, Rock, Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 6NW
Delicatessen stocking Cornish Orchards cider and mead.
- Spar Stores Rock Rd, Rock, Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 6NW
Stocks 2.5l flagons of Thatchers Traditional cider. Fish and chips next door.
- The Castle Inn, 16 Fore Street, St Ives, Cornwall, TR26 1AB. Tel: (01736) 796833.
Cornish Orchards cider, plus Skinners beer from Truro.
- Golden Lion, Market Place, St. Ives, Cornwall, TR26 1RZ. Tel: (01736) 793679. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skreach cider - dry, served from the barrel.
- Skinners Brewery, Riverside View, Newham Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2DP. Tel: (01872) 271885.
photo The Brewery Shop sells Cornish Orchards cider to take away. There's also a bar on the premises, but the barman was busy conducting a tour when I visited. Great beer, by the way. A very short walk from Tescos car park. Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm in season.
- Ship Inn, Polmear Hill, Par, Cornwall, PL24 2AR. Tel: (01726) 812540.
Weston's Old Rosie on handpull. The Ship dates back to the 18th century and is located close to the sandy beaches of St Austell Bay. It is owned and run by local publican Chris Giles. There is a range of bar snacks and Carvery is served Wednesday to Sunday lunchtime and evenings. Other meals and specials are also served at both lunchtime and in the evening.
- Seven Stars, 3 Parade Street, Town Centre, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4BU. Tel: (01736) 362733.
Home of the infamous Shane's Cider. Known to be a bit rowdy at times.
- The Dock Inn, 17 Quay Street, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4BD. Tel: (01736) 362833.
- Latest Review: Thatchers Traditional on handpump (though it looked more like Cheddar Valley to me). Near the harbour.
- Earlier Review: August 2009 - sadly the Dock has changed hands and no longer sells a real cider, Spingo however is still available.
- First Review: This brilliant little pub down near the harbour. Spingo on draught, owned by Jethro’s brother! They quite often have “jam sessions”, it’s a sort of pub where laid back people can suddenly break into song (old Cornish ones normally) and someone has a banjo to accompany them. A must in summer on Mazey Day!
- The Tremenheere, 4 – 8 Market Place, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 2JA. Tel: (01736) 335350.
- Penzance Youth Hostel Castle Horneck, Alverton, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 8TF.
The YH has a bar open to non-hostellers 7pm - 11pm. Sells bottled Cornish Orchards ciders.
Pendeen (nr St. Just)
- The Trewellard Arms Hotel, Trewellard, Pendeen, Cornwall, TR19 7TA. Tel: (01736) 788634.
Freehouse recently under new management. Cornish Orchards cider on handpull and a good range of real ales. Food menu has local fish on offer, family friendly, warm welcome, large carpark. From August 2008 sporting a ukcider.co.uk sticker!
St. Just (in Penwith)
- The Gurnards Head Hotel, Zennor, Cornwall, TR26 3DE. Tel: (01736) 796928.
On the coast road between St. Just and St. Ives, this freehouse well worth a visit, amazing views across the Atlantic. Draught real cider and real ales, large carpark. Their New Years Day hangover lunch is recommended! Skreach dry cider is produced on a deliberately small scale by Hugh Chapman in nearby St. Buryan.
- The Hawkins Arms, High Street, Zelah, Cornwall, TR4 9HU. Tel: (01872) 540339.
Isles of Scilly
- Tolman Cafe, Old Town, St Mary's, Isles of Scilly, Cornwall, TR21 0NH. Tel: (01720) 422242.
Stocks Hogans Cider.
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Guide to Cornwall
- The Alexandra, Alexandra Road, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4LS. Tel: (01736) 365165.
Used to sell something called Kerb Kisser Cider (7.4%). The partially obscured label on the barrel is that of Cornish Orchards Cider. I can confirm that The Alex has recently changed hands and now serves Thatcher's Gold. CiderMike 08:56, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
- The Shipwrights North Quay, Padstow, Cornwall, PL28 8AF. Tel: (01841) 532451.
- The Ship Inn, 3 Trafalgar Square, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1AZ. Tel: (01726) 832230.
- The Galleon, 12 Fore Street, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1AQ. Tel: (01726) 833014.
- The Lugger, 5 Fore Street, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1AH. Tel: (01726) 833435.
- The King of Prussia, 3 Town Quay, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1AT. Tel: (01726) 833694.
- Lifeboat Inn, Wharf Road, St Ives, Cornwall.
No real cider 8/11.
- Driftwood Spars, Quay Road, Trevaunance Cove, St. Agnes, Cornwall, TR5 0RT. Tel: (01872) 552428.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|