Cider Pub Guide to Channel Islands
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in the Channel Islands. 5 listed so far...
- NOTE: Beware of pubs offering 'Rocquette traditional cider'. While Rocquette do make a real cider, they also make a keg fizz. That is the Rocquette widely available in pubs, but you might as well drink st***gbow. The co-op's on the island (Cooperative Locale) sell Rocquette bottled still cider, which is more like the real thing.
- The Ship and Crown, North Quay, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 2NB. Tel: (01481) 721368.
Westons First Quality. Food.
- The Old Smugglers Inn, Ouaisne Bay, St. Brelade, Jersey, JE3 8AW. Tel: (01534) 741510.
Located 200m from the beach, at the end of a lane down a steep hill. Also accessible by walking along the beach from St. Brelade's Bay (path along the sea wall when the tide covers the beach itself). Sells Westons Old Rosie. Food.
- The Farmers Inn, La Grande Route De St Ouen, St. Ouen, Jersey, JE3 2HY. Tel: (01534) 485311.
Has locally made cider when available, usually from April - July (from when the producer makes it until that year's batch runs out).
- Trinity Arms, La Rue Es Picots, Trinity, Jersey, JE3 5JX. Tel: (01534) 864691.
Told in the Farmers Inn as above that this pub has the same occasional local cider. Built in 1976 The Trinity Arms is a modern pub by Jersey country-pub standards, providing comfort and good food, bar snacks or full meals. Leaving the Parish Church to the right - notice the granite arches of the old Jersey house next door.
- Forum Wine Bar, 13 Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE2 4UF. Tel: (01534) 768105.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|
|Cider Pub Guide index|
Beds Bucks & Herts, Berkshire, Bristol, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Kent, Lake District, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, London, Manchester, Merseyside, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Tyne and Wear, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Wiltshire, Worcester, Yorkshire * North Wales, Mid Wales, West Wales, South Wales * Scotland * N Ireland * Channel Islands