Cider Pub Guide on iPod
If you have an Apple iPod, you can download the ukcider Cider Pub Guide onto it, so you have a handy cider reference to take on your travels.
Preparing your iPod
This only needs to be done the first time. If you manually update your iPod music, you don't even need to do this.
- Open iTunes as normal, and plug your iPod in.
- Select the iPod under 'Devices' on the left.
- On the summary screen that appears, scroll down for 'Options'.
- Make sure 'Enable disk use' is ticked.
Download the Cider Pub Guide on iPod
The download was last updated on 13 May 2007, so any changes made to the guide after that will not be reflected.
- Download this file.
- Unzip it (usually just double-click).
- Open your iPod in the Finder or Windows Explorer.
- Open the Notes folder.
- Copy all the unzipped files into the Notes folder.
You now have the Cider Pub Guide on your iPod. You can access it by going to 'Extras' on the main menu, then 'Notes', then selecting a county.
Build your own Cider Pub Guide on iPod
If you are comfortable using the scripting language Perl, you can convert the Cider Pub Guide into iPod Notes format yourself, so you don't have to wait for the above download to be updated.
- Download this file (right-click and 'Save Target/Linked File As...', or similar).
- Rename to ciderpod.pl (i.e. remove the .txt extension).
- Move it to the relevant directory, then call it using
perl ciderpod.pl <target directory>(where target directory is the place you want the files to be saved).
- If you haven't saved the files directly onto the iPod, then copy them across, and delete the source files.
The Perl script was adapted from wikipod by Matthew Swann.